What car to get?

Associate
Hello all,

Any advice would be appreciated, I am 30 and just learned to drive in January this year. I am currently driving a 16 plate merc c220 that I was given through my work scheme. The only thing is that I'm not that into cars and after tax am currently paying about £550 a month for the car.

I would like a car that I will drive for two years / three at the most.

I was wondering whether I could pick up something semi respectable either through a monthly leasing arrangement or outright purchase. I could pick up something in the c£10k bracket but am reluctant to spend much more.

I appreciate that this request is fairly vague but any guidance on lease vs purchase and reputable places to go would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
I was thinking of spending something in the region of £250 - £300 a month. Any suggestions in that price bracket?

I will be doing about 10,000 per annum.

Oh maybe worth mentioning that i'm 6ft 4 and weight 15 stone. A small car will make me look stupid. I was thinking that a VW Scirocco looks decent.

Edit - as a rule of thumb, if I only want the car for 2 or 3 years is buying a better option than leasing? After 3 years I will be getting a tesla :)

Back
Top Bottom