What CC for your first bike?

Associate
honda express 50cc when i was 13yrs old..just used it down the docs

then i got a rm80 crosser

when i was 16 my dad got me a honda c70 stepthru..which i crashed wheeling so i bought a TS50 ER, RD125LC, MTX 125, DT125, RD350LC, then i did my car test at 21..so bikes got put back for a few years then i got a yam r6, , suzuki 1000k6 (written off) and now a suzuki 1000 k7 and a 2007 kawasaki kx250f. which im gonna get rid of as no time for it

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Think I did about a year on a 125 before doing my tests around 5 years ago ? (My head memory is borked)
I do remember having my NS125 with Mods & my Chinky 125, Had great fun on them & learnt local roads & general road craft on them.
I had ridden donkeys years ago though but you could ride up to a 250 back then without any tests at all.

Aye up look what I found :D

Instant !!! :p:p:p

Soldato
I messed around on bikes up to a 250 when I was a kid but never took my test. When I got back into biking 10 or so years ago I bought a 125 (Varadero - loved it) and spent a year or so on it. Then went 650 to 750 to 1200 and now 1000. The cc hasn't gone up each time but the horsepower has :D

Associate
Suzuki Ts50
Yamaha DT125LC (only bike I have ever had stolen :( )
Yamaha DT125LC until I passed my test
Yamaha RD350YPVS
Kawasaki GPz900R
Kawasaki ZZR1100 (Whilst stationed in Germany used for touring)
Suzuki GSXR750 Srad 1996 (Bought Tax-Free whilst stationed in Germany)
Kawasaki ZX9r was the last bike I owned then had to give up due to spinal injury although I do still hold out for a return to riding one day although it will never be a sports bike again I keep looking at BMW Adventure or a R1200Rt maybe even a Pan European.

Associate
I started on a Yamaha Tricity Scooter then moved up to a 600CC bike, a Kawasaki ER6F for a week and then a Honda NC700.
I don't think anyone needs to skip a 125cc they're great and very cheap but it is nice to have a full size bike with all the power you need.

Soldato
I was sarcastic, considering how many people who are starting out went for the SV. One of my mates is looking for an SV as his first bike big too. :p

Compared to say an XJ6 I much prefer my SV as it has quite a bit more grunt. My dad is getting his Yamaha Genisis out over the weekend with a race engine, he said I can have a go too :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Compared to say an XJ6 I much prefer my SV as it has quite a bit more grunt. My dad is getting his Yamaha Genisis out over the weekend with a race engine, he said I can have a go too :D

I like the SV, it has character... that's why I picked it over IL's. I felt in love the moment I got on it and tested it on a PRIVATE road. :D

Soldato
Wasn't choice :D

Image0036.jpg

I loved that bike, still think its the best engine for a road sportsbike, along side the 675 daytona but I make that look like a tonka toy.
I would prefer it over the 1000 but I just wouldn't be the same with a different bike, plus its looking dated now and don't really like the later shapes.

Soldato
I just went Honda CBR600F4/FX (1999) four years ago when I passed my DAS and never changed since. Don't need anymore power, and it's how much you twist your wrist. However very forgiving bike but cvan go like stink if you require. Commuting any distance on a 125 is a chore very quickly. Just get something bigger. My son has been commuting on his 125 70 miles per day and he's sick of it lol, however because he's not done what he should've and got theory bagged he can't get anything bigger.

Back
Top Bottom