What choices do i have regarding my bike

Soldato
Hi all

Having difficulties making ends meet with work and outgoing finances, The most expensive thing each month seems to be the bike and that's even after speaking with the finance company...

Can i ask a dealership to buy the bike off me and clear some finance or do i have to sell privately then clear the balance...

Selling the bike wont be an issue as there is always workmates offering me lifts if ive ever not rode in and ill save up to buy a cheap decent bike over the nextsix months to a year with the cash i can make.

Its a CBR600RR 2012 with just under 15,000 miles on it...

Any help appreciated

Man of Honour
You can do either but as you're going to want to clear as much as possible then private sale will almost certainly net you more cash.

Soldato
Check with the finance company about paying off early, there's bound to be some charges or something. Then sell it privately with being open to say there is outstanding finance, and that this will be cleared as soon as payment is received. Otherwise anyone doing a HPI check will see the finance. Don't sell to a dealer, they'll take your pants down and... you know the rest! :D

As for getting something cheaper, even a £1500-2k bike can be brilliant, there's no need to spend thousands on a bike to have fun.

Have a look on autotrader/ebay for bikes of your mileage age and condition and price accordingly. A dealer will offer £1-2k less than you'll get going privately, guaranteed.

Soldato
OP
Check with the finance company about paying off early, there's bound to be some charges or something. Then sell it privately with being open to say there is outstanding finance, and that this will be cleared as soon as payment is received. Otherwise anyone doing a HPI check will see the finance. Don't sell to a dealer, they'll take your pants down and... you know the rest! :D

As for getting something cheaper, even a £1500-2k bike can be brilliant, there's no need to spend thousands on a bike to have fun.

Have a look on autotrader/ebay for bikes of your mileage age and condition and price accordingly. A dealer will offer £1-2k less than you'll get going privately, guaranteed.

Thanks for the helpful post mate, i will get on the phone to the finance company monday morning and see what they have to say, Well i was looking at saving around 2k and finding a nice naked bike, not sure whats around that budget....

I will also look on Bike trader now to get some rough guidelines of a sell price

Thank you

Caporegime
You're
Hi all

Having difficulties making ends meet with work and outgoing finances, The most expensive thing each month seems to be the bike and that's even after speaking with the finance company...

Can i ask a dealership to buy the bike off me and clear some finance or do i have to sell privately then clear the balance...

Selling the bike wont be an issue as there is always workmates offering me lifts if ive ever not rode in and ill save up to buy a cheap decent bike over the nextsix months to a year with the cash i can make.

Its a CBR600RR 2012 with just under 15,000 miles on it...

Any help appreciated

Sent you a trust fella, have a read and let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom