What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
aEIb.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was a neighbour trying to prove a point. The cut looks far too clean!

Well it passed the sniff test and wasn't wet so i figured they were safe :p

how would your neighbour have got hold of them?

Soldato
Got some paraffin cleaned the chain, chain guard and swing arm, wow that stuff is great and damn cheap, more more expensive aerosol chain cleaner for me.

It's good stuff & even better in a spray bottle :)

Na it was a pristine glove until this morning. I did think that an animal might have caused the damage but the straight cut seems too suspect. Ah well, bought some cheap Richa leather gloves.

Dunno, you'd be surprised at how straight a rodent can cut. My guinea pigs can anyway :p

Associate
Picked it up from BMW at long last, post-theft.

Steering lock no longer works, but I'm not at all bothered since even if it did, it can be defeated in seconds and damages the frame while doing so. At least I have it back.

I missed it- feels so taut and responsive compared to the VFR.

WWoAFJj.png

Soldato
Nice, I have the same gloves but in black.
Take a little while to break in and get used to the pinky protection but now when I try other gloves on they just feel too soft and less protective.

Ever since getting an Italian bike I have bought all Dianese gear and AGV helmet :rolleyes: :D It is all really nice though!

Soldato
I've heard that, yeah - that they take a wee while to break in and do stretch a little bit. I'm replacing my trusty old Alpinestars GP Tech gloves with these, my AP's are Mediums and I've went for a Medium in the Full Metal RS's too, they feel nice and snug but you can defo feel the Titanium on the knuckles and back of the hand is there, did you get that too when you first wore them? I'm kinda the same, most of my gear is Dainese and I have an AGV lid to carry on the Italian theme when I'm out on the RSV. :D

Soldato
I've heard that, yeah - that they take a wee while to break in and do stretch a little bit. I'm replacing my trusty old Alpinestars GP Tech gloves with these, my AP's are Mediums and I've went for a Medium in the Full Metal RS's too, they feel nice and snug but you can defo feel the Titanium on the knuckles and back of the hand is there, did you get that too when you first wore them? I'm kinda the same, most of my gear is Dainese and I have an AGV lid to carry on the Italian theme when I'm out on the RSV. :D

I felt it on the pinky fingers where the plastic bits are on the knuckles.
Normally an XL in Alpinestars but went for L in the Dainese and now they feel perfect after using them a bit.

Soldato
Well I had an early start this morning. Changed the oil/filter, coolant, brake fluid and pads. Also washed with my new pressure washer and lubed the chain. Productive day so far.

Washed the chain with paraffin for the first time .... why have I not been using that from the beginning?. It's really cheap and cleans the chain like a boss! Shant be going back to £8 one use cans ever again. I must have used about 200ml of the stuff and I have liters of it for £6 :):) Amazing !

Soldato
I would go to your local hardware shop. Online sources are all expensive for that. Think my brother also paid something like £6 for a few litres.

That made me think though... does the stuff have a shelf life?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom