What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
Pulled the dust seals down on the front forks and gave them a good clean, the bike is almost completely ridden off road so there was loads of crud in there.

Also gave the gearbox some fresh oil. Drained the box then put 500ml of fresh oil through to give it chance to remove any dirty oil left behind.

Soldato
Hardwired in my Satnav, pleased with the clean look
attachment.php

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Took the Bird for it's MOT, front pads are a little low which I expected so I've got a new set to fit at some point apart from that all good. Not bad for 21 years old.

Soldato
Took it into the dealer for a 36k service and had a courtesy R NineT Pure for the day. Coming from GS sized bikes for the past 10 years what a revelation this thing was!
I was literally grinning the whole day as I rode it. It felt rock solid, but was begging me to thrash it, whilst at the same time being enjoyable to ride at 60mph. So much small than my bikes of the past, yet it felt comfortable for me.
Having never ridden a naked/retro/scrambler before I felt like I was flying rather than riding, with there being no 'bike' in my forward vision, just empty road.
Ok, I'm not sure I'd have one as my only bike as I couldn't see myself riding to Spain on it, but I wish I could afford a 2nd bike as I absolutely loved it!!!

Soldato
I would highly recommend you ride one again, and again. I found that they make a fantastic first impression, but one that wanes after not too long. I too had grand visions of being able to make the bike tour, but it just isn't practical unfortunately.

As a weekend posing bike though, it is absolutely fantastic!

Transmission breaker
Don
I repaired my rear tyre with a kit from Amazon. I have a new tyre coming anyway, but I wanted to see if it was possible to repair, and still ride safely. 24hours on, and 30 miles later, it is still holding 40PSI. Pretty happy with that! The kit was under £30 and has enough bits to be used many many times. it also came with valve cores, and other spares.
I can squirrel the tools away under the seat too, so it could be a good thing to have on long group rideouts.

Man of Honour
Just fitted some new levers after the adjustable length bit of my old clutch lever disappeared somewhere on the A5, went for long levers this time as the Bird clutch is relatively heavy.

Transmission breaker
Don
That zzr looks very clean!

Had my first supercar vs bike experience yesterday. A 2007 Ferrari 599 pulled up next to me at the lights. Had little traffic light GP (up to the speed limit) naturally.

I have never actually tried to launch my bike, but the feeling of reeling in a Ferrari at full chat was something of a revelation...

If I was not such a noob, I think it would be been almost a fair match, but he just pipped me :D

Bikes are a little bit crazy. My little 15 year old 600cc just made a supercar sweat!

Soldato
Dropped it off for new PR5's front and back, heated grip install and an MOT. I'm pretty sure its too loud so i took the baffle down and said if it's too loud to pass without, throw the baffle in. Should i have made it clear the baffle is like to 'fall' out again soon? More importantly though, new boots! Been biking for 6 years now and this'll be the first time i've actually changed front and rear tyres together! Moving from Dunlop Sportmaxx which have always been fine.

Man of Honour
Dropped it off for new PR5's front and back, heated grip install and an MOT. I'm pretty sure its too loud so i took the baffle down and said if it's too loud to pass without, throw the baffle in. Should i have made it clear the baffle is like to 'fall' out again soon? More importantly though, new boots! Been biking for 6 years now and this'll be the first time i've actually changed front and rear tyres together! Moving from Dunlop Sportmaxx which have always been fine.
They'll be well aware the baffle will rattle free just after you get home but as long as it's still there when you roll out the garage they don't care.

Soldato
They'll be well aware the baffle will rattle free just after you get home but as long as it's still there when you roll out the garage they don't care.
I know that, just a ballache i’ll Have to take it out again! :p To be fair, the bike is a little obnoxious noise wise, and often I do leave for work at 0615 am and or come back after 11pm. I’ll give it a go with the baffle for a few days and see how I feel. If not then i’ll continue to crawl out of our neighbourhood at 16mph in 4th in order to keep the revs as low as can :p

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Spent a nervous hour working my stiff chain adjusting bolts loose on my 17 yr old Bandit 12 S, any one who's worked on any kind of a Suzuki knows just how bloody unpredictable their bolts can be, some times there right as rain yet other times they'll sheer as soon as you put a spanner on them, used plenty of PlusGas penetrating oil but it did make me sweat non the less.

Back
Top Bottom