What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
I took a short run out to Box Hill today. I'd promised myself a Christmas ride if the weather wasn't too wet. It was nice to get away for an hour, take a flask and just sit on a log watching the views and having a quiet cup of coffee. I've only had my full license since August although I had a 125 I practiced on for a few months before that. It's been a great few months biking and I absolutely love this new part of my life.

Crap picture taken on a potato.

BMySQ07.png

Soldato
Took it out for an hour or so after work, was great to be back on two wheels after winter, here's hoping that Winter part 2 doesn't come and mess the march into Spring up!

Overdue a service and my quickshifter is playing up - so will be booking it into Triumph in the coming weeks, might also make a few enquiries about the Streetfighter V2 :D

Transmission breaker
Don
Arrggh, two of my bikes need MOT and I have not got the time to drop them off. Annoying. Was going to take the 400 out today and had to use the 600 instead.
I also ordered new discs for the 400 to see if this stops the pulsing I am getting from the cheap Chinese discs.

Soldato
The Streetfighter V2 is the only thing that could make me trade in the 890R.

It's very tempting! I would love a Hyper 950, but sat on it in the dealers when they came out, and it was just a tad too tall for my liking, flat foot on one side at best. So seeing the SF V2 getting announced was a result - not 100% sold on Monsters; so it looks like a decent route back into getting a Duke :)

Associate
I managed to break the mirror off the VFR I bought just over a month ago. I did the classic pull away with the disc lock still on…in front of a crowd of people as well.

The bike was in fantastic condition as well, now it’s got quite a few scuffs on the right side of the fairing. My pride took quite a hit as well….absolutely gutted. I’ll hopefully look back and laugh at myself for being such an idiot later but pretty inconsolable atm.

Associate
Jostled some parts (fender and headlight surround) about in the Evaporust tub ... which is evaporating as I now only have 3 of 5 litres left. There's a hell of a long way to go on my project but I'm still in the cleaning/derusting phase.

Transmission breaker
Don
Waiting and waiting for my CBR400 EBC discs to arrive from America, where bizarrely it was cheaper to buy them from...
German metal, made in UK, shipped to US and back to me for less than a UK retailer...
Go figure!!

Associate
Got it booked in for it's MOT next Monday morning, hopefully they don't cancel on me again or I'll miss the only sunshine of the year :o
Mines going in tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it out. Need to give it the once over today, tyres pressures and the usual basics as it hasn't moved much in a few months

Associate
Got it booked in for it's MOT next Monday morning, hopefully they don't cancel on me again or I'll miss the only sunshine of the year :o

Got mine booked in for Saturday morning. I was going to go Matlock Bath for chippy tea by the river on Friday but realised my CB might be due it's first MOT which it is so Matlock Bath is cancelled :(

Back
Top Bottom