What did you do to your bike today?

Transmission breaker
Don
Had these turn up for my little cbr400rr.

CBR400rr282.jpg

German steel, made in UK, ordered from the US and delivered to me for cheaper than buying them locally..

Anyway, they look and feel amazing, can't wait to get them on. The pulsing from the Chinese discs was really getting on my nerves.

Man of Honour
Took it for a clean sheet MOT this morning.
Flipping cold at 8am though but on the plus side the guy did complement me on my choice of exhaust and not by giving me an advisory :D

Associate
Ended up being a delay in picking mine up from the garage, but managed to get it yesterday. Was great to be back out on it, hoping to put some decent miles on it this year and fight the urge to change it form something else.
MT09
Duke 790/890
CB650R
GSX-S750
Street triple 765
Z900

..... and that's just my list of sensible bikes I'd like....

Zfyz9l3

Associate
My bike broke down at work Friday morning, wouldn't rev past 3k revs and went into limp mode. Possible throttle/throttle bodies at fault. Needed to do a bit more investigation.

Couldn't fix it (or diagnose it) at work, so had to load it into back of my van the following night.. Yeh that was fun, had to strip it down before it fitted in!

Started looking into it yesterday afternoon, throttle only going up to 12% - done a bit of googling and it's a common fault on BMWs and their electronic throttle grips, water ingress seems to be the main issue. To say I've lost confidence in riding it anywhere now though is an understatement. There was no warning at all, can't be doing with that in the back of my mind if I go somewhere far on it, was bad enough breaking down at work!

20220325-200003.jpg

20220325-221507.jpg

Screenshot-20220326-155346-Moto-Scan.jpg

Going to take the throttle grip off see if I can strip and clean it, test it with a multimeter and go from there.

Man of Honour
My bike broke down at work Friday morning, wouldn't rev past 3k revs and went into limp mode. Possible throttle/throttle bodies at fault. Needed to do a bit more investigation.

Couldn't fix it (or diagnose it) at work, so had to load it into back of my van the following night.. Yeh that was fun, had to strip it down before it fitted in!

Started looking into it yesterday afternoon, throttle only going up to 12% - done a bit of googling and it's a common fault on BMWs and their electronic throttle grips, water ingress seems to be the main issue. To say I've lost confidence in riding it anywhere now though is an understatement. There was no warning at all, can't be doing with that in the back of my mind if I go somewhere far on it, was bad enough breaking down at work!

Going to take the throttle grip off see if I can strip and clean it, test it with a multimeter and go from there.

It’s worth removing the exhaust flap and fitting a replacement bit of open pipe. You can just leave the servo in place with the cables removed to avoid any fault codes. They are a terrible design and will fail continuously. I removed mine and the bike rides and sounds marginally better as a result.

Associate
It’s worth removing the exhaust flap and fitting a replacement bit of open pipe. You can just leave the servo in place with the cables removed to avoid any fault codes. They are a terrible design and will fail continuously. I removed mine and the bike rides and sounds marginally better as a result.

Yeh I double checked that. Servo is still there and actuates. By looks of things cables have already been removed as it has a full Akrapovic system (bought it like that). Bit of a random error as it also showed it on the screen.

20220325-070314.jpg

Stripped throttle and there are no serviceable parts inside.

20220327-214041.jpg

Doesn't look like anything has gotten into the electrics. Need to find the pinouts online and check what the resistance should be, not sure Haynes manual would cover that.

Soldato
Rode mine to Lyme Regis, then onto Weymouth on Saturday - was great to finally get out on a decent run, and taking in some ace B roads thanks to cali moto! Slowly getting the hang of launch control, and putting my trust in all the systems on my bike - though they certainly kicked in when I took a sharp left-hander a bit too quick, forgetting I'm on tyres I don't know yet, and we're not in the summer heat yet!

Roll on getting a nice set of S22s on this one, they have easily been the best bike-related purchase in the last year or so.

Soldato

New front/rear sprockets and chain, paint been sorted on the rear wheel hub that was flaking off and crash bars/bash plate fitted.

Bike is being sold soon, going to buy or build an ebike.

Man of Honour
Stripped down some spare calipers as they're off to be cerakoted in burnt bronze. Something a little different to my current black and the other OEM gold finish.

Associate
Passed my test yesterday so done a 175mile loop from the house upto Elan Valley, done the off road loop around the Res, with a lovely stream crossing! Gotta clean the bike now

The byway around that res goes on forever!
Never taken the bike that way but ended up down there in the Landy, I didn't find it that that interesting to be honest but I guess it's different on a bike.

Soldato
The byway around that res goes on forever!
Never taken the bike that way but ended up down there in the Landy, I didn't find it that that interesting to be honest but I guess it's different on a bike.

I cant imagine it being very good in a Land Rover, on the bike it felt awesome. Water over the foot pegs in the stream crossing was brilliant fun :D

Associate
I cant imagine it being very good in a Land Rover, on the bike it felt awesome. Water over the foot pegs in the stream crossing was brilliant fun :D

I only ended up there following the ex's directions so all it did was take much longer to get where we were going.
Fyi, if you want to see the dams don't type in Elan Valley, it'll take you to the middle of the res!

I love water crossings, the faster flowing rivers are sketchy and the bomb holes down Strata Florida are muddy so you can't see the bottom. Always good to get through them upright :D

Back
Top Bottom