What did you do to your bike today?

jcr

jcr

Associate
brought it out into the daylight for its annual wash and first start up since last October. thank heavens for smart battery chargers. all seems to be ok so booked in for an MOT on friday.

Soldato
Bit more of rear-end tidying up with an eBay 2nd hand R&G purchase:

Also used Fish Hill to bash the front chicken strips a bit :D

Sadly had some fork stiction, so popped the dust seals and cleaned/greased up:

Much better now, but I'll probably need a fork service later this year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitted some Stealth Mirrors that came in from the US. Bit of a trial to see if I like them really. Initial thoughts are it will take a little to get used to...

hVOAz41.jpg

icWzftd.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Be interested to see how you get on with them.
I had some handlebar end mirrors on my old Fireblade and I just couldn’t get used to them at all.
Lovely bike btw.
I keep looking at them for hacking around country lanes.

Soldato
Be interested to see how you get on with them.
I had some handlebar end mirrors on my old Fireblade and I just couldn’t get used to them at all.
Lovely bike btw.
I keep looking at them for hacking around country lanes.

Yeah, if I miss the proper mirrors too much I will stick them back on even though I prefer the look without them. Safety first!

They're the perfect bike for taking the long way on some nadgery B roads! Feels like the polar opposite to the CB650R. If you can get a demo on one I'd definitely recommend it. It definitely only has one purpose!

Caporegime
I don't get it. You see threads like this on every biking forum on the internet, you're such a vulnerable person on the roads and all it takes is one second of lapsed judgement from not just you but anyone around you and you could be in hospital with life changing injuries or worse.

Mirrors are such a vital part of your situational awareness, for me the bigger the better, I don't care if they look crap, they could literally save my life. So why replace them with awkward little box-tickers the size of a postage stamp and as useful as not having mirrors at all? :confused:

(PS this isn't aimed to you Logsi, just in general, see loads of bikes with crap mirrors or no mirrors at all)

Soldato
It's hard not to agree with Diddums.
I did try the bar end mirrors on my Blade which were a present from a mate, but it only reinforced that there's a reason why every single manufacturer puts them where they do, and that's because it's the optimal position.
That's just my opinion and preference, and not a dig at anyone who relocates them.

Caporegime
It's hard not to agree with Diddums.
I did try the bar end mirrors on my Blade which were a present from a mate, but it only reinforced that there's a reason why every single manufacturer puts them where they do, and that's because it's the optimal position.
That's just my opinion and preference, and not a dig at anyone who relocates them.

I'm amazed no one's come up with a camera system tbh. We've got those clip on mirrors for cars with a little camera at the back, they're fantastic, if someone made something like that for bikes I'd be all over it like a rash. Glare could be a problem though.

Man of Honour
I'm amazed no one's come up with a camera system tbh. We've got those clip on mirrors for cars with a little camera at the back, they're fantastic, if someone made something like that for bikes I'd be all over it like a rash. Glare could be a problem though.
I was at a track day earlier in the week and one of the guys there had a rear view camera on his bike. It was wired into a small 8”-ish screen attached to the bars. Intriguing application but with the wide field of view on a small screen I wasn’t convinced it was suitable for situational awareness.

Back
Top Bottom