US: What do people think of Sopranos? (Spoilers)

Just finished watching The Sopranos. I've watched the whole lot Season 1-6 over the last month or so. Quite a long series I must admit!

I thought it was well worth a watch, but HBO has done better with series fantastic series such as Band of Brothers, The Wire and Game of Thrones.
It was a bit of a shame that AJ became such a big wet fart in the last season.
There are a lot of unexplained stories, such as what happened to the man who was shot in the head in the snowy woods (Season 3-4 ish?).
The last episode was a little bit of a strange one, especially as it seemed to finish in the middle of a scene, almost like there were 30 seconds cut off by mistake.
I do like the last episode ending in such a way that you can make your own mind up with what the characters do with their futures, just like how The Wire ended.

Who has seen it? What did you think of it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
i did a thread about this and it peed me off tbh. whole series is epic then took a payday ending to keep it open from both sides.

kinda ruined it for me tbh.

Soldato
OP
i did a thread about this and it peed me off tbh. whole series is epic then took a payday ending to keep it open from both sides.

kinda ruined it for me tbh.

Yeah the ending was crap. I had to check the file as I honestly thought I had a corrupt one that was missing 15mins off the end!

A TV series with strong characters and a deep storyline, but so much wasn't finished off and the ending was just a bit meh.

Soldato
It's in my top 5 without a doubt. I thought the ending was great, better than showing his brains all over the dinner table but he had to die as that was the whole point of the story.

Caporegime
but there is no proof of what happened just some internet nerd making his hypothesis stating what he thought happened. weak minded people just sheepishly go along with it.

it was left open ended to carry on if needed to or finish if it was the end.

Associate
I guess some people just want to be spoonfed all the answers... Probably better off watching something like Spartacus. :p

I thought the ending was excellent, and it's pretty obvious that Tony dies when the screen cuts to black, imo.

Permabanned
The ending was a masterpiece.

If you didn't get it then you must be dense, go and rewatch.

There are multiple references to going straight to black when you die, you don't hear it coming etc. They literally mention it about 20 minutes before the end with a flashback to bobby saying it.

Possibly the best ever tv series in my opinion.

Caporegime
and here we go... there is no reference by the people who made it that tony actually dies :p

the most well known article on the web and what people digest and believe (why i said sheep earlier) said he died and tried to prove it in great depth but..

that was just his break down and his belief. it was never proven or said to be true by anyone ! it even says in the article this may not be true lol !

so what i put is true they left it up to each viewer to work out what happened.

so it was a lame ending in my op but obviously others have theirs :D.

bit like the total recall thing that everyone doesn't work out it was all just a dream . you tell people this and they like wtf ? :D

unless the writers or someone with solid proof says otherwise well never know. it is a great show though :D.

Soldato
Bobby definitely described what happened in the last scene earlier on in the series. This is fact.

Sure if you ignore that (after all it was only Bobby's belief) then you could say the ending was left up in the air but I doubt they would have included the talk between Bobby and Tony if it wasn't meant to mean anything.

Associate
Dg, just because it didn't flash up in block caps "OMG TONY SOPRANO IS DEAD" doesn't mean it didn't happen... What else could it possibly signify? Why else would they drop all those hints about going straight to black when you die, never see it coming... What do you think actually happened? What do you think the writers were trying to get across? Do you actually have an opinion on it or do you just reject it being Tony's death?

You've been given the pieces of the puzzle, it's not our fault you can't put them together so please don't call us sheep because we can.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I literally don't see how it can possibly be denied, lol.

TONY DIED. It's not opinion, it's a fact. As said above, all the pieces of the puzzle are there, they were just left for you to piece together.

Caporegime
go look for the definitive answer if he died by anyone from the show .

there is not one genuine answer from any of them saying he died. only people on the internet opinions on what happened hardly fact.

also you never state fact in a internet argument lol .

Back
Top Bottom