What do Tablet screens use.. LVDS or something else?? to re-purpouse a dead tablet's good screen

Associate
Few years ago i used a screen from a dead laptop with a VGA to LVDS converter board (3 quid off ebay) and got the screen working as a second monitor in windows (even used a USB3 to VGA adaptor too)

I've been playing with tablets recently (using them for extra screens on the train simulator game i play, to have the screens found in the trains in real life so to speak) and i have this tablet with a dead main board, but the screen and digitizer are perfect.

it's a cheapo tablet.. Fusion5 F5CS... Screen has a printed number of "BLC101-05B 1301111' this is in ink on the actual metal back of the screen.

The screen has a 24 pin ribon type cable on it (those flexible pcb style that tear if you look at them wrong)

Thing is, the LVDS converters use a 30 or 40 pin cable, with the end connector a much wider pitched style too... and designed to plug in where the ribon cable went from the laptops main board on the back of the screen,

I need a converter that can take the other end of the tablet screens ribon cable, so one of those push in and lock down connectors on the converter board,

but what am i looking for to drive this screen?? is it LVDS but via a 24 pin connector? or some other format.. think i've read 'eod' or something.

Man of Honour
It is possible it is just a HDMI connection + 2-3 I2C lines for the touchscreen.

EDIT: LVDS does exist as 24 pin and/or 30 pin with the ability to convert from 24 pin but I don't know anything more than that about it.

Associate
OP
the touchscreen is a seperate part... has a much wider ribon cable... something like 40 or 50 pins... unlike the lenovo tabley which has a chip on the touch screen rinon cable and then a much smaller count end for the mb plug,

the tablet did have a HDMI socket on it... so that is a possibility there... more research is needed

Back
Top Bottom