What do we all do for a living?

Soldato
I work at a data centre for a major swiss bank. I'll be honest, I generally get paid pretty decent money to sit on my arse most days. But the job that I do is could be seen as high profile, so when called into action, I can not afford to mess up. I work in IT, and my main responsibility is cabling, network topology, and san layouts (to a degree)

The worst (and the best) is when a service fails, and no one can work out why, I am the only person to actually check the media (cabling) Always feels great out thinking someone that earns £15k a year more than you, and to be fair, I earn a decent wage.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Nice! We've had a lot of guys recently leave to become PFEs. There seems to be some sort of project at MS to poach our techs.

Hoping to become a SharePoint PFE at some point in 2012/13 at the Reading office.

EDIT: Are you transactional?

Dedicated.

Big PFE recruitment drive going on at the moment, you should apply if it interests you :)

Soldato
Engineering Cadet, training toward become a qualified Engineering Officer of The Watch in the Merchant Navy with Wilhelm Wilhelmsen Group, a Norwegian shipping line that mainly operates Pure Car Truck Carrier and Roll-on/Roll-off cargo vessels.

Soldato
What platform if you don't mind me asking?

Montrose Alpha
Slacker :p

Same industry but on the drilling side (not north sea. I'm in the Med just now - off the coast of Egypt). We're the ones who do all the real work so the likes of Bony Maloney can sit around pushing buttons all day ;)

We're North Sea Tigers and you know it :p
Happy New Year from the North Sea to all you Overclockers :)

Back
Top Bottom