What do you need to do to calibrate your monitor?

Soldato
I'm not even sure if my monitor can be calibrated. I want to do some colour correction in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and my monitor is an LG 27UK650 but I obviously need to calibrate it first. What do I need to do to make sure I can properly calibrate my monitor?

Associate
I have two Dell U2414H monitors, one has a slightly different colour tint to the other , I've changed everything I can in windows and with the NVidia control panel, would a calibration tool like this get them to match? It's not very noticeable as usually have different things open on different screens, but does show more sometimes... I'd be happy to buy one of these tools if I could get rid of the difference!

Soldato
I have two Dell U2414H monitors, one has a slightly different colour tint to the other , I've changed everything I can in windows and with the NVidia control panel, would a calibration tool like this get them to match? It's not very noticeable as usually have different things open on different screens, but does show more sometimes... I'd be happy to buy one of these tools if I could get rid of the difference!
I've got 2 Dell 2412 and I could not quite get the white balance to match on both of them until I got the i1Display Pro. Now I can't tell the difference between the two side to side. It also does the brightness to 120 cdm and the contrast levels to as close as possible.

If you or the OP are in the B70 area then I'd pop round and do it for free. ;)

Associate
I've got 2 Dell 2412 and I could not quite get the white balance to match on both of them until I got the i1Display Pro. Now I can't tell the difference between the two side to side. It also does the brightness to 120 cdm and the contrast levels to as close as possible.

If you or the OP are in the B70 area then I'd pop round and do it for free. ;)

117 miles away, but thanks for the offer :D

Caporegime
This thread is basically like everyone in the world. I have a mate who has spent £3K on a tv and probably £10K on tv's in the past 4 years. and then another £3K on his PC in the past year.

however when i said i could calibrate his £1200 monitor for him for £30 he wasn't interested. yet he always bangs on about picture quality. i've got one of those calibrators linked to in this thread.

for some reason people are really tight when it comes to calibrating screens.

Soldato
This thread is basically like everyone in the world. I have a mate who has spent £3K on a tv and probably £10K on tv's in the past 4 years. and then another £3K on his PC in the past year.

however when i said i could calibrate his £1200 monitor for him for £30 he wasn't interested. yet he always bangs on about picture quality. i've got one of those calibrators linked to in this thread.

for some reason people are really tight when it comes to calibrating screens.
That's because people don't really know the difference and think their displays look good enough. Once you've used a properly calibrated Monitor/TV then it is harder to go back.

Caporegime
That's because people don't really know the difference and think their displays look good enough. Once you've used a properly calibrated Monitor/TV then it is harder to go back.

Yeah most people don't but when our spending the type of money he is on tv's and monitors they tend to know what a decent picture is. However he doesn't think calibration is worth even £30. To get a pro to do the same job would cost him hundreds. It's laughable. When I asked him his response was I'm going to buy another screen for £500 for his 9 year old nephew and he will just buy his own calibrator for £175 and do it himself as he would want both done.

I said I could do both for £40 as long as they were both ready to be done on the same day (don't need to make 2 trips). I'm willing to bet he never buys a calibrator. For some reason people don't think it's worth the money. Not even at £20 per screen. We were both playing the same game and i told him to take a picture and send it to me. I took a picture too and I showed him the difference a calibration makes. He said yeah my screen looked a lot better but still wasn't willing to pay for one. His colours were overpowered and he was missing details in dark areas. Imagine spending £1200 on a pc monitor and not willing to spend £20/£30 to calibrate it.

So he's not even getting the full benefit of his 34 inch alienware.

Back
Top Bottom