• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Getting absolutely slated in the comments for their latest piece :cry:

They deserve it too, Rich really has sold his soul to the devil... AKA INTEL & NVIDIA... RIP DF... A channel I use to respect and look forward to their content, now I just see it as INTEL & NVIDIA marketing, with other content that is nothing more than marketing in disguise too.

Soldato
long live 1080p.

but 100€ extra for a product you buy every 2 to 4 years is fine.

Lol, right. $100 / gen / card, a lowly entry level card of $200 will be in 10 years $700.

This is more nonsense because only a few PC components have "almost doubled" in price. Monitors are about the same price, CPUs the same price, RAM (DDR4) is a lot cheaper, SSD/NVMe drives are cheaper. Only GPUs, PSUs have increased a lot and the new AM5 boards are a joke. So no, not "almost everything" has "almost doubled" in price.
Even laptops are quite affordable with all the "work from home" madness. Yet, people are still making excuses ignoring that inflation is relative to each country/continent, even more so applied to specific goods or services, so what's 20-30% pricier in one spot, could be the same as before or just 5-10% higher... or that advancements in technology can overcome the inflation through superior efficiency.

Last edited:
Soldato
I literally just looked at receipt dated Dec 2020 for a 5600X CPU, 16GB RAM, Asus TUF X570 MB, 512GB NVMe and AIO CPU Cooler. The total price was just under £800 and I can build the same spec PC for £600 today. Or I can upgrade to 32GB DDR 4 and a 5800X and a 1TB SSD for the same price I paid 2 years ago.

Yet our resident hyperbolist would have us believe I should be paying almost double that price.
Lots of consumer electronics sales have fallen so companies are doing the logical thing of reducing pricing to stimulate more consumer demand. You can see that with phones,laptops,TVs,etc.

Even "non-gamerz" PC components the same is happening. However,since companies like Nvidia(and to a lesser degree AMD) see PCMR Gamers as Whales,anything new which is remotely "gamerz" is jacked up in price,because they think PCMR Gamers due to FOMO will throw money at them. Basically they are trying to follow the model Apple does,by jacking up prices,but even that is not working for Apple,as they have lower demand now and had to slow production. But even they are trying to get people to buy more expensive ones,looking at some of the comments they have made recently. OTH,Xiaomi is increasing sales of it's phones.

Soldato
It gets you murdered because it’s mostly marketing BS. You even said it yourself earlier, you should not buy a GPU on potential.

RT, DLSS Gsync, physx etc. the truth is that as it sits right now, either an Nvidia or AMD GPU will give a largely similar experience for the majority of gaming needs and the “features” are largely marketing fluff.

Absolutely correct.

This part of the forum has always been partially, about the hardware engineering side of things. I think that the conflict in opinions here stems from the fact that older gaming engines and DX12 in general don't really like the 7900XT, no matter what the hardware is specified at and that is skewing the benchmark of benchmark summary basket of games used by the bigger sites.

The 7900XT might be engineered to be 20% faster than the 4070ti at the hardware level but if it can't deploy that performance into software, outside of a few edge cases (Timespy, WH3 4k) and newer gaming engines (COD, A Plague Tale: Requiem) then there's there's lots of work to be done by AMD on the 2023 catalogue of games to show what the card can do, probably starting with Starfield which will be one of the biggest games in H1 2023.

The problem with Starfield is, the engine is a dog and its a mystery how the 4070ti vs 7900XT comparison will play out on this game.

Soldato
The problem with Starfield is, the engine is a dog and its a mystery how the 4070ti vs 7900XT comparison will play out on this game.

With Bethesda Game Studios now owned by Microsoft,they will want it to run reasonably OK on the XBox. So it is in their own interest to at least attempt to optimise the game for AMD hardware. Having said that it will be more likely for RDNA2 based dGPUs,and RDNA3 I am not so sure about.

Edit!!

It wouldn't surprise me the delay to the game is for optimisations for the XBox version!

Last edited:
Soldato
Did I say PC components have tripled over 4 years? I've no idea wtf you are talking about. But since you asked, mainstream CPUs, most expensive one 330-350 euros in 2015, spiked up to 750 in 2019 (thanks to amd).

We also went from Intel's 4 cores are enough to 16 cores too thanks to AMD.

Wait what did Intel charge for more than 4 cores back then too ? :cry::rolleyes: Don't forget the motherboards required too for their HEDT Chips...

Last edited:
Soldato
Did I say PC components have tripled over 4 years? I've no idea wtf you are talking about. But since you asked, mainstream CPUs, most expensive one 330-350 euros in 2015, spiked up to 750 in 2019 (thanks to amd).

But you said recent price increases were meaningless because everything was going up, wheh that's not the case at all, even in the PC space...none of which accounts for NV's Turing piice increase which you keep ignoring because it doesn't fit with your "argument"...

:cry:

Caporegime
They deserve it too, Rich really has sold his soul to the devil... AKA INTEL & NVIDIA... RIP DF... A channel I use to respect and look forward to their content, now I just see it as INTEL & NVIDIA marketing, with other content that is nothing more than marketing in disguise too.

Rich definitely has a bias towards intel and nvidia but tbf to them, they aren't wrong and usually back up their points very well, heck they even stated how they have been impressed with rdna 3 overall including the RT uplift (which other reviewers have generally panned)

Their content especially from Alex outside of the promotional videos is second to none though, they've picked up/identified so many issues that other reviewers just don't have the attention to detail to pick up on, especially regarding #stutterstruggle

Last edited:
Soldato
But you said recent price increases were meaningless because everything was going up, wheh that's not the case at all, even in the PC space...none of which accounts for NV's Turing piice increase which you keep ignoring because it doesn't fit with your "argument"...

I have no idea why you are conflating turing here. You probably have no idea why either. What the heck has turing to do with what im saying? How am I ignoring it? What the actual heck are you talking about?

Last edited:
Associate
I found it amusing when on this latest video DF went on and on about how gpu's are stupidly large these days are would love them to go back to a more reasonable size........completely ignoring the MBA 7000 series exists.

Soldato

To be fair he said "almost" everything :D

Joking aside this poster is a troll and best put on ignore. They still keep up the same asinine argument a few posts after I showed that most PC components have remained static, or dropped in price apart from GPUs and (to a lesser extent) PSUs.

Soldato
I have no idea why you are conflating turing here. You probably have no idea why either. What the heck has turing to do with what im saying? How am I ignoring it? What the actual heck are you talking about?

WOW.

"Conflating" Turing"??? :cry:

I'll try and explain one more time, everyone else is getting it by the way so it's totally a "You" problem, you said that Ada price increases were meaningless because " almosteverything has doubled in price" or words to that effect (it provably hasn't by the way, even in the PC space, but as your brain seems to act like a black hole in reverse, repelling any facts or information that come within a dozen light years of it, i'll just leave that here) so how would you account for Turing's exponential increse by Nvidia?

PS - Your last answer that "Turing was crap so I skipped it" - only went to further prove that you haven't got a clue what you are talking or that you have any understanding of the topic at hand.

;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom