• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
And my very first post on this thread was that the 4070ti is a terrible product, but still much better than it's competition. That got the amd cult mad and I got 90 quotes and personal attacks trying to convince me otherwise. So it's pretty clear for anyone without glasses whos spinning what
It isn't much better. People have pointed out to you benchmarks. The RX790XT faster in rasterisation and has more VRAM. The RTX4070TI is not even really much better in RT and has less VRAM if you look at an average of games.

Plus all the argument of which one is better is stupid anyway when both should be well under £600.

There is a reason why graphics card sales have collapsed. Nvidia in August had to write off over a billion dollars of inventory. They cost too much.

Last edited:
Soldato
No.
EVERYONE : 4070ti is a terrible product and nvidia should be ashamed of themselves
ME : It's still much better than the product it's competing against.
If that's what you think everyone has been saying then there's your problem.

e: Of course, it should go without saying, but you're more than welcome to quote anyone who's said the 4070ti is a terrible product and not just that it's a terrible price.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It isn't much better. People have pointed out to you benchmarks. It's faster in rasterisation and has more VRAM. The RTX4070TI is not even really much better in RT and has less VRAM if you look at an average of games.

Plus all the argument of which one is better is stupid anyway when both should be well under £600 anyway.

There is a reason why graphics card sales have collapsed. Nvidia in August had to write off over a billion dollars of inventory.

I didn't know that, i hope they have to write off another Billion, same for AMD frankly, the 7900XT is not a £900 card.

Soldato
It isn't much better. People have pointed out to you benchmarks. It's faster in rasterisation and has more VRAM. The RTX4070TI is not even really much better in RT and has less VRAM if you look at an average of games.

Plus all the argument of which one is better is stupid anyway when both should be well under £600 anyway.

There is a reason why graphics card sales have collapsed. Nvidia in August had to write off over a billion dollars of inventory.
It's faster in raster, but it's more expensive than it is faster, so it has a pretty similar raster to $ value. Across Europe the XT has a 12% price premium.

The 4070ti is up to 33% faster in heavy RT games, has more and better features, consumes less power, and has less issues with multimonitor and video playback.

Vram difference is pointless, its already included in the raster performance difference.

Caporegime
I didn't know that, i hope they have to write off another Billion, same for AMD frankly, the 7900XT is not a £900 card.

You know what i fear about this, in X86 AMD are selling everything they make, if they made a lot more they would sell all of that, they could easily switch GPU capacity over the X86 and forget about GPU's.

Soldato
Yet DIY prices didn't go down. That tells me there were deep discounts for Dell, etc. I noticed lots of deals on laptops and prebuilt systems too which are cheaper then buying the parts yourself.

So basically they are trying to raise margins on direct sales to PCMR Whales.

But I told you guys years ago when the Whales defended another set of Nvidia price increases. Yet Nvidia spent a huge amount of money subsidising Tegra chips.

That shows you how much these companies respect PCMR. It's frankly embarrassing gamers are such weak consumers.

Last edited:
Soldato
In other news - TSMC have raised prices again:

Expect more expensive cards going forward
It's typical gaslighting too. Everyone is cutting orders due to less demand. So when companies jack up pricing demand further drops. We are probably heading to a big tech crash at some point. Its way over inflated.

Associate
You know what i fear about this, in X86 AMD are selling everything they make, if they made a lot more they would sell all of that, they could easily switch GPU capacity over the X86 and forget about GPU's.
Really? The news from the retail industry is that the Ryzen 7000 isn't selling very well at all.

Soldato
It's typical gaslighting too. Everyone is cutting orders due to less demand. So when companies jack up pricing demand further drops. We are probably heading to a big tech crash at some point. Its way over inflated.

$62Billion in debt ; TSMC will keep jacking up prices to cover it, unless the USA keep funnelling money to them to move from Taiwan.

Associate
The 4070ti is up to 33% faster in heavy RT games
This part is misleading, as it suggests it's true repeatedly. If this part is not misleading, then neither are all the marketing slides by nVidia and AMD stating their performance is "up to" 1.5 or 2x better, when it generally only relates to 1 cherry picked example.

Marketing fluff, roundly derided by all.

Soldato
This part is misleading, as it suggests it's true repeatedly. If this part is not misleading, then neither are all the marketing slides by nVidia and AMD stating their performance is "up to" 1.5 or 2x better, when it generally only relates to 1 cherry picked example.

Exactly but he is part of the PR team but most are not fooled anymore
Still trying to find the footnotes for the 3x claim over the 3090ti :)

Soldato
The issue is probably the fact they have 30 series cards that they aren't willing to reduce yet.

If you price the new stuff close to the old then theres no chance of clearing that stock unless heavily discounted. It seems they don't want to do this so they are maintaining separation across the range.

I don't know if they are behaving differently to how they did in the past in this respect. Maybe there's more old stock than on previous launches.

It's stupid though.

A new generation product is meant to be better than the one before it. The idea of paying extra for extra performance is a dumb one.

Soldato

Ι agree that generally speaking up to numbers are misleading, but when you want to measure pure RT performance, you do it on something that runs just RT, and in that case the difference isn't just 33% like I quoted but more like 50%. Check the guru 3d numbers for example

index.php

Associate
What do those bars show? Framerate in a benchmark? I mean fine, but that is one example. Is there a similar chart showing average performance over a number of games to get a result with more data points (and therefore be more accurate)

Associate
That is just not true. I know I cant link stuff - but there is a very well know webpage that tracks prices almost all across Europe. Go check it, the 7900xt is 110€ more expensive than the 4070ti. That's a 12% price difference.
Fair enough, I was just comparing on here. Checking a competitor it's around 10% somInstand corrected. Both cards still cost too much however, and I wouldn't say the Ti is much better value, it's marginal at best.

Soldato
What do those bars show? Framerate in a benchmark? I mean fine, but that is one example. Is there a similar chart showing average performance over a number of games to get a result with more data points (and therefore be more accurate)
There is nothing more accurate for RT performance then full path traced benchmarks. It's literally just running RT, there is no rasterization involved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom