• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you think of the 4070Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I like how he continues to cherry pick a sentence instead of quoting my entire post. :cry:
That's because it's a sentence. :rolleyes: But to make you happy, here the entire post...
If you have a 3070 and need better performance, you 'have to buy' a newer card. If you have a 2080 ti and want better performance, you need to buy something.

You don't get performance for free.

If your logic is you don't need to buy something, then the price is completely irrelevant. You shouldn't be buying a new card which will then immediately depreciate if your current card was fine.
Now how about instead of this passive aggressive referring to me in the third person you try telling me instead of someone else how the rest of the post changes that sentence
You wanted to trade a 4070ti for a 3090, trying to imply that the 3090 is the better card, I caleled your bluff and now you are rapidly backtracking.

Anyways, if you wanna put your money where your mouth is, im really interested in that trade. :)
Reading not you're thing then? What part of...
Or he was being facetious to drive a point home.

A point that seemingly, despite great effort, still hasn't sunk in.
Was it you didn't understand.

Like i said if your interested go buy yourself a 3070Ti and send me the difference in cost between that and the MSRP of the gamerock OC 3090. I'll even knock £500 off so you just have to send me £700.

Last edited:
Soldato
Now how about instead of this passive aggressive referring to me in the third person you try telling me instead of someone else how the rest of the post changes that sentence

Reading not you're thing then? What part of...

Was it you didn't understand.

Like i said if your interested go buy yourself a 3070Ti and send me the difference in cost between that and the MSRP of the gamerock OC 3090. I'll even knock £500 off so you just have to send me £700.
Keep flip floping

Soldato
Looks like the RTX4080 and RTX4090 are the true generational increases in RT peformance! Shame the RTX4080 wasn't released at sub £700 like the RTX3080 was! Wonder how it will look in 12 months though?!
Yeah the 4070ti is basically a more efficient version of ampere. Its sad that you now have to spend over £1200 just to get a card that's better than what was around 2 years ago.

Associate
The RTX 4070 Ti is the first Nvidia graphics card to hit the market under $1,000 / £1,000, and with some incredibly strong competition from AMD recently, the RTX 4070 Ti really needs to hit it out of the park for Nvidia. Fortunately, it does exactly that, walloping its predecessor — and even the last-gen flagship Nvidia card, the RTX 3090 Ti — in our extensive suite of tests.

When compared to the RTX 4080, the MSRP has been slashed by 33%, which is great news as that should make the RTX 4070 Ti the best value GeForce 40 series product release so far. Based on the AD104 silicon, there's 7680 CUDA cores, just 21% fewer cores than the 4080, but they are clocked 4% higher.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The RTX 4070 Ti is the first Nvidia graphics card to hit the market under $1,000 / £1,000, and with some incredibly strong competition from AMD recently, the RTX 4070 Ti really needs to hit it out of the park for Nvidia. Fortunately, it does exactly that, walloping its predecessor — and even the last-gen flagship Nvidia card, the RTX 3090 Ti — in our extensive suite of tests.

When compared to the RTX 4080, the MSRP has been slashed by 33%, which is great news as that should make the RTX 4070 Ti the best value GeForce 40 series product release so far. Based on the AD104 silicon, there's 7680 CUDA cores, just 21% fewer cores than the 4080, but they are clocked 4% higher.

jack-nicholson-laugh.gif

Last edited:
Associate
When compared to the RTX 4080, (which was priced 50% too highly) the MSRP has been slashed by 33%, which is great news not enough as that should make the RTX 4070 Ti the best value GeForce 40 series product release so far. Far too expensive. Based on the AD104 silicon, there's 7680 CUDA cores, just 21% fewer cores than the 4080, but they are clocked 4% higher. This combination is insufficient to make it a good value proposition even against the second hand options
Think its fixed now.

Soldato

giphy.gif

Soldato

......it's just an illusion........ in all this confusion

@gpuerrilla new song for this year ... bucks fizz land of make believe is so 2022 now... ;)

dVFPHK5.gif

Last edited:
Soldato

Besides the incredibly strong competition part, everything else seems to be absolute fact.

Soldato
This is the part I don't understand. 85 pages crying about nvidias prices with gifs, tweet posts, when AMD offers worse products and no one gives a crap about it. :)

And people trying to convince me there is no fanboyism involved. Yeah, right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom