What do you use to discover new music?

Soldato
I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut when it comes to listening to music. I haven't really found any really exciting new discoveries in quite some time and I was wondering where people go to find out about new bands?

I tend to listen to a little bit of everything so my music taste is quite eclectic. I just love discovering new bands I have never heard before.

Associate
On Spotify, there’s a couple of playlists that are updated weekly, called release radar and discover weekly. They get better over time, it adjusts content to your general listening habits. So you end up with a lot of new stuff to enjoy.
I’ve just started to go to gigs again, as I’m into a lot more newer stuff.

Associate
On Spotify, there’s a couple of playlists that are updated weekly, called release radar and discover weekly. They get better over time, it adjusts content to your general listening habits. So you end up with a lot of new stuff to enjoy.

Both of these playlists are well worth a look.

Soldato

Another vote for this. I literally don't have time to sit and listen to music and discover anything new so these playlists work well while listening on the go.

Soldato
Another vote for Spotify playlists. I'll also listen to artist radio's to find a few new people to listen to while enjoying some of the 'old' songs that I like too.

Associate
I tend to use Spotify quite a lot for that but also a lot of word of mouth as I'm a pretty of specially the metal scene where it quite often is "if you like that band, then check this band out". On Spotify you also have the "related bands/fans also like" section which lists bands in similar style to what you listen to. On Spotify they also make playlists for the different genres of music as well where you can check out stuff too.

Soldato
Depends on your music tastes, I listen to a lot of mixes, DJ sets etc on internet radio, Soundcloud, Mixcloud and such, but that's only useful if you like electronic music. Those then lead me to artists on Spotify and Bandcamp, which then lead me to more artists/DJs/producers who create more mixes, and so the cycle continues.

Associate
6 Music. Also was pleased to discover recently that late night shows on radio 1 are still really good for new music. Much less effort to listen to these days too.
Spotify tends to recommend me stuff I already know through other channels and rarely throws any curve balls.

Back
Top Bottom