What event would you like to have done!

Soldato
I know it's not possible for most of us, for me I'm just to lazy, but let's say for arguments sake it is 2005 and you decide to go for it!! The rower who was a teacher did, so it's not out the realms of possibility being fast tracked.

SO!! What event would you have gone for.

Me, I think I would have liked to have gone for a cycling event or the hurdle events.

Caporegime
Breaststroke.

Although would have been a 50m event at a short course meet, as my starts and turns were my best bit. 50m pools are scary long, lol

Soldato
OP
Lolz.

Yeah maybe I should go for something like the 10m air rifle thing! Sure 4 years of practising that can't be too hard. :D

Man of Honour
Pistol discipline

25m
50m
Rapid fire

But due to our draconian gun laws, the GB pistol team have to train abroad as it's illegal to own the pistols... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Road Time Trial
Maybe a pursuit on the track as well.

The good thing about cycling is that you tend to peak at a later age than most other sports. Wiggo, Hoy and Pendleton are all in their 30s.
Means i get 8 years to train for the 2020 games :D

Associate
badminton.

Always enjoyed it and I've always been pretty good since early at school (by good I mean relative to the average person, not competetive level or even close). I still play it a lot and hopefully will do for the rest of my life :)

Soldato
Road Cycling Time Trial.

Though I'm pretty sure if I had enough money to quit working for 4 years then you could see me shooting in Rio. Surely that's got to be one of the easiest sports? Hardly any physical exertion and just practice practice practice. Also no physical parameters (ie you can be tall, short, fat, thing, whatever, doesn't matter).

I genuinely wish I was 8/10 and into cycling when this came around. Despite being a bit cheesy, the whole 'inspire a generation' thing is a great focus and I can imagine it affecting a lot of kids. Equally I wish I had a kid who could be inspired by it!

Back
Top Bottom