• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What ever happened to the forum deals?

Soldato
Just putting system together with 5900x still using 5700xt could be worse :p

Refuse to pay scalper prices still hope I maybe could get something reasonable :)

Caporegime
We still have around 4000 back orders in total on our system, of course people are holding out where possible as most product has now doubled in cost.

More forum deals will happen, but we are still trying to perfect a solution, so there is no timescale on more deals at present, but hopefully this month.

We also do make drops to the website also at market pricing, but they tend to sell out instantly.

Can I not just send you (OCUK) £700 and someone can send me a GPU lol? Whatever £700 gets me.

Caporegime
Cards are readily available if you're not picky or don't want to pay 200% price :)

Not if you don't want to sit on discords and jump at a seconds notice.
Who needs that type of stress for a GPU.

I've not really seen anything to buy as a "normal" consumer.

I do have an RX6800 when Gibbo did that one drop a few months ago, and I'd say I acted unprofessionally at work to secure said GPU. (I was with the principal at the time when the RX6800 landed lol)

But I'm after a GPU for my brother to upgrade his card, and was hoping that I'd just jump on a deal when they landed, but been waiting a month for that since last time.

Associate
Not if you don't want to sit on discords and jump at a seconds notice.
Who needs that type of stress for a GPU.

Have to disagree. I've only been looking at cards past 2 weeks as wasn't interested in upgrading till i moved house, but want to now as house move taking its time. So these few weeks i've seen 3060ti at £550, many 2060 at <£500, 6700xt at £700, 6800 for few hours today at £800 iirc, 1650s, 1050ti, 6900xt >£1000, etc. All staying in stock for hours or days.

The stock discords, YT videos, twitter accounts aren't very good i've found. But i've noticed those cards that do get listed there are sold in seconds. Kinda strange.

Moral of the story, no deals, but there are cards. I'm mostly looking for curiosity sake, but if in the unlikely event i can get a 4gb(!) card for £150 i'll buy it. Saying that, a local guy on FB has a 570 4gb, i offered £130, but he'd take £160 at lowest. Not bad, and i could still scalp that, but nah, pass.

Soldato
OP
Well a whole bunch of 6800 XT's are now available. The £900 I paid for my Sapphire Nitro+ now looks a steal!

Yep, second bullet in my list is what I think has happened here. Those 6800XTs could have been offered on the MM.

My thinking is either one or more of:
  • Absolutely no stock whatsoever (supplies do seem to have dried up across all retailers lately).
  • The OCUK parent company wasn't happy selling for less than could be made on the open market.
  • Perhaps Nvidia/AMD took exception to the idea?

Soldato
Tried Twitter alerts and discord alerts past few weeks not even once I got close just given up now I should have went with the 6700xt sapphire nitro+ deal here but was hoping would get 3070 deal

Back
Top Bottom