1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Richeh

Mobster

Shamelessly stolen from another forum but as I spend most of my time on Overclockers thought I would see if it gets going on here, unfortunately this isn't the most popular board but heres hoping. I'll start.

Last night I watched The Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray. I enjoyed, good mix of story, action, comedy etc very much a hollywood film but they cut a lot of the fluff and made it very streamlined and entertaining. It won't go down as a classic but definately an enjoyable experience. On the Blu-Ray side, picture is fantastic and the sound definately gets you immersed in the action scenes, notably the Hulk roar when he smashes out of the glass overpass and when he slaps his hands to put out the fire, had my mate and I smiling :)

So, what did you watch last night? (And feel free to give opinions).

2. Rodneypooleg

Wise Guy

I watched The Terminator (1984), I always used to prefer this over T2 because it felt more original, there was something raw about it. I must say, it looked very dated now but still enjoyable, I've yet to watch the end though, started falling asleep so didn't see it to the end.
    I can't remember the last time I saw this, must be nearly 10 years ago, brought back some fond memories anyway.

3. Evangelion

Capodecina

Eden Log (hadn't seen it before)
    Dog Soldiers (missus hadn't seen it before)

I was impressed by Eden Log, and would recommend it to anyone. Dog Soldiers is a good old romp, and I was watching it for at least the third time.

:)

4. atpbx

Capodecina

Last film I watched was "lucky number slevin", on Sunday.
    Before that it was "Jaws" on Saturday night.

5. MonkeyNews

Wise Guy

I watched a good portion of 'Sands of Iwo Jima' as it was on Film4, its a great dramatisation of the storming of Iwo Jima very gritty and gripping viewing. It was made in '49 just 4 years after the war ended so it would still have been fresh in the minds of the veterans of the Pacific war which im not sure whether it could be a little soon to make films about, but then I suppose they are making shows about the war in Afghanistan whilst we are still over there. Bad taste or not im not sure?

The last full film I saw was The Order of the Phoenix with the missus, have been impressed with the Harry Potter films, they have got better as they went along.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. Makunouchi

Mobster

I watched 3 foreign films, does that make me cultured now? :D

Both Mesrine films, and Sin Nombre.

I can recommend all of them!

7. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

I watched From Dusk Till Dawn for the first time the other night. Seemed really good most of the way through, but then WTF? Turned completely ridiculous!

I also watched Seven Pounds the night before, I thought it was a bit 'meh'.

8. Makunouchi

Mobster

Yeah, I was hoping for another The Pursuit of Happyness masterpiece, but sadly not.

9. Guerrilla

Soldato

Didn't watch a film last night as i watched 5 episodes of True Blood.

The night before watched I Love you, Man which i found funnier than i probably should have :p

10. Cosimo

Man of Honour

A couple of nights ago, The Glenn Miller Story (1953), old but still a very good biographical movie with some tremendous music.

11. Prophet

Soldato

True Blood is an excellent show :)

What would you compare 'I love you, Man' to?

Last film I watched was 'Pretty Woman' and a really enjoyed it :D

12. Participant

Caporegime

Started watching 'Tunnel Rats'. Looks promising so far (for an Uwe Boll flick).

13. Guerrilla

Soldato

Yea True Blood is great so far, wasn't too impressed at first but it's really picking up!

I Love you, Man i guess is along the same lines as Forgetting Sarah Marshall and the like, decent comedy with Rom-Com vibes, definately worth a watch :)

14. utajoker

Capodecina

independance day that got sky+'ed, love it. dont no why but i always shed a tear when he flies his plane into the ship just before it fires.

15. Prophet

Soldato

I'm upto date with Season 2. Where abouts are you? It does get better, especially in season 2.

I'll give ILYM a try :)

16. Guerrilla

Soldato

Only up to Ep.10 in S1, still alot of catching up to do! I will look forward to S2 then! :)

17. Diesel

Wise Guy

Watched 'Diary of the Dead'. Typical Romero zombie stuff.

18. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

I watched The Naked Gun the other night. Classic.

19. Sirrel Squirrel

Sgarrista

Watched Taken last night, such a good film :D Love the way Liam Neeson just doesn't **** about

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  20. Gustov

Sgarrista

Eden Lake
    Equilibrium