What film did you watch last night?

Zodiac (2007)

Not sure why I haven't seen this before, thought it was brilliant, Fincher rarely disappoints. Well, apart from the running time, a damn long film! Great cast, script and cinematography though.

8/10

Terminator 2. 9/10.

Very good film, but having watched this and The Terminator in the last 2 days, I actually now prefer The Terminator. It's just slightly darker in tone, and it's not got Edward Furlong's voice breaking every few seconds.

'Skyline' last night. Terrible. Nice eye candy (sfx) but the plot was shocking. Why did we need the l - o - n - g intro - as if we cared about the characters. And the ending? Dear oh dear. 3/10

'Limitless' tonight. Kinda liked it. Bit daft but some interesting characters + the filming technique / fx was pretty cool in places. 6/10

Zodiac (2007)

Not sure why I haven't seen this before, thought it was brilliant, Fincher rarely disappoints. Well, apart from the running time, a damn long film! Great cast, script and cinematography though.

8/10

Check out Mystic River, another great thriller that went under the radar. The less you read up on it, the better. Directed by Clint Eastwood

Took the niece and nephew to the cinema on Saturday morning for the £1.50 kids movie. Not usually the most fun thing to do but Vue decided to show The Princess Bride :eek: :D! It wasn't a surprise to hear the dad's in the audience laughing more than the kids. Such a great movie.
A classic fairy tale, with swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing.
9/10

Mr Nobody - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485947/?ref_=sr_1 - 7.5/10

Enjoyable sci-fi film, a cross between Run Lola Run, Butterfly Effect and The Fountain

In the year 2092, one hundred eighteen year old Nemo is recounting his life story to a reporter. He is less than clear, often times thinking that he is only thirty-four years of age. But his story becomes more confusing after he does focus on the fact of his current real age. He tells of his life at three primary points in his life: at age nine (when his parents divorced), age sixteen and age thirty-four. The confusing aspect of the story is that he tells of alternate life paths, often changing course with the flick of a decision at each of those ages

Though it probably didn't need to be 2.5hrs long, I did enjoy it

Last edited:
I watched the whole original trilogy of this:

I had absolutely no idea what to expect with these but they've all had 'rave reviews'. Asking around beforehand what they were about I had a few shrugs from people and no-one could really categorise the films.

I'd say they could be categorised in the crime/drama section now I've actually seen them.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - 8/10. Intriguing. A little disjointed for a while but comes good in the end. Gripping stuff with some fascinating character development.
The Girl Who Played With Fire - 6/10. A slow mover. Develops the first film. Very important to watch with regards to backstory and impact for the final film.
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest - 7/10 Again, gripping stuff but a medium mover. Resolutions complete but left feeling a little empty after nearly 2 and half hours investment.

Glad I watched them, not sure if I would again, at least for a while.

I watched David Lynch's Erasier head last night (well early this morning).

I'm not sure what to think of it, I know his films are normally a little odd, but this was downright strange, and I was left wondering "what the hell?"

I'm actually glad I watched it last, as it would have put me off the other films in the set, and Twin Peaks (which was odd at times, but nowhere near as odd).

Back
Top Bottom