What film did you watch last night?

Serenity.
9/10

I also finished watching Firefly the same night and having watched both series and movie when they first came out I had forgotten just what happened and how good Serenity was. I watched with DTS audio and I can easily say I've not seen a SciFi with so much emphasis put on keeping the atmosphere alive with detail. Even though at times there's a hell of a lot going on the voices are perfectly audible and you can still hear stuff going on around them and their positions.

Next to BSG's production it really is some of the finest television anyone with a remote interest in SciFi will ever watch.

Last edited:
Skyfall - 8/10 from me.

Daniel Craig really is a lot better as Bond than Piece Brosnan was in the last few films he did. I didn't really rate Brosnan in anything after Goldeneye, which holds a special place in my heart from my childhood playing the N64!

The Hobbit; An Unexpected Journey. After reading quite a few bad reviews I wasn't expecting much but ended up quite liking it. Was good to be back in Middle Earth. Does feel stretched out and I'm not sure how they're going to make two more long films interesting but I'll at least be watching the next installment. 7/10

Skyline - 4/10, that might be too generous actually.

Visually it was quite nice, the special effects/CGI seemed quite good but the storyline was flat as a pancake, the characters were unlikeable and it didn't really build up into anything.

I saw this movie awhile ago - while I admit not the best story; I thought it was decent and the visuals were quite good.
I personally would give it a 6/10

Back
Top Bottom