What film did you watch last night?

The Hobbit - 8/10

To be honest, I loved LOTR when It came out but I was a teen then. I couldn't watch them now at all.

Despite this, I know the Hobbit book is far better than the LOTR books IMO so I gave it a shot. Really enjoyed most of it which surprised me a lot.

So much so that i'll order the Bluray when it's out next month.

Excision - 8/10

Quite surprised by how good this was, at first glance it's just oddball teen horror comedy, but once the credits have rolled I realised it's actually a very clever satire of exactly the sort of film it appears to be on the surface. Also an interesting commentary on society's tendency to brush the issue of mental health under the carpet, even if someone is literally saying out loud that all is not well.

Really struggled sleeping last night so a bit of a film fest.

Apocalypto.
Quite an odd film and not for the squeamish. I think Mel Gibson had downed a drink or two in the making. 6.0/10

SALT.
Not a bad action thriller, enjoyed it all the more because I'd not heard or it so had no idea of the plot. Plus Angelina Jolie, is easy on the eye 7.0/10

Sunshine. Enjoy Sci-Fi anyway so think this is an underrated little film 6.5/10

Hotel Transylvania - great film, kids really enjoyed it and so did I. 7-10

Cloud Atlas - Don't know what to say really. Nearly turned it off 3 times in the first hour as it was so poor. The special effects are so laughably bad in places. I mean how the hell did that Chinese face makeup make it through. The crew must have been in stitches filming it. Ping pong from little Britain looked more convincing. It was borderline racist. Yet for some reason I kept watching till the end. It does get better as it goes on. 4-10 and that's only for the waitress's outfits.

Back
Top Bottom