What film did you watch last night?

I picked up some films at HMV the other day (and didn't cotton on to the fact they didn't apply the blue cross thingy to one of them*), and ended up watching

Attack of the Werewolves.
It's Spanish, so watching it subbed, and it's pretty good, sort of like a Shaun of the Dead, but with werewolves, very enjoyable and it had me laughing out loud in places.
I'd give it a 6 or 7/10.

*IE didn't apply the "buy one get one (cheaper) free" discount (Grrrr)

Side Effects

I'm not going to say anything about this movie as it will spoil it for anyone watching. I simply recommend that you go see this film. Just watch the trailer and read the synopsis and see the film. Knowing more than enough about it will completely spoil it. It's a little film that feels huge and it's such a shame that Soderbergh has quit.

8.9/10

Side Effects

I'm not going to say anything about this movie as it will spoil it for anyone watching. I simply recommend that you go see this film. Just watch the trailer and read the synopsis and see the film. Knowing more than enough about it will completely spoil it. It's a little film that feels huge and it's such a shame that Soderbergh has quit.

8.9/10

I posted on this last week. I don't understand how it's getting so highly rated. It's a perfectly capable film, but I found the story very lacking.

I got around to seeing Argo to see what all the Oscar fuss was.

It was a decent enough film 8/10 but scooping all the awards ? :/ jury is still out.

Only won three Oscars, two of the "Big Five", it did well in other awards too though, still, people won where really deserved (Daniel Day-Lewis)

Inglorious ******** - 6/10

Some scenes were very good, others not so. Overall it was average.

I really struggled to keep up with the subtitles when they were speaking french though! :)

Inglorious ******** - 6/10

Some scenes were very good, others not so. Overall it was average.

I really struggled to keep up with the subtitles when they were speaking french though! :)

I watched it again recently, and I think that some of it is absolutely outstanding. There are some scenes in there that are absolutely marvellous... Then other bits that are just stupid. You go from the f!#&ing basement on the one hand to Brad Pitt doing a stupid Italian accent. Ugh. I really think once you pass the basement scene, you've seen all the film has to offer.

I'll tell you what, though, Melanie Laurent is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom