What film did you watch last night?

Indeed. Although The Hobbit was intended for very young readers, I think, and don't quote me on this, that as The Lord of the Ring developed it grew with readership of The Hobbit, so to speak.

That makes a lot of sense. I think this is the problem with aiming at the films at the larger audience; people who haven't read any of the books and more than likely aren't going to. Because LotR films came first, people expect more of the same with The Hobbit; the same gritty tone. Ideally PJ should have made The Hobbit first, but he had a hard time selling LotR, so I don't know if The Hobbit would have been an even harder sell. Having said that; maybe if they had been made the other way round, people would expect the same lighter tone with LotR then complain it was too dark for their kids.

Jack the Giant slayer, saw this last night in 3D with the missus...enjoyed it immensely and even the missus liked it a lot. Lots of CGI effects but then what do you expect from a fantasy type of movie.

Like i said not a bad movie at all, quite enjoyable 8/10 for me.

the mist

was enjoyable and was nice to see some of the walking dead cast, although the ending was rather weird/crap I thought :p

6.5/10

saw this movie quite awhile ago - I really liked it also - the ending was your typical steven king ending (he was the one whom wrote this).

I remember listening to the audio tape back when I was a kid and was really scary.

6.8/10

Back
Top Bottom