What film did you watch last night?

The Wrestler

Entertaining film, but was expecting it to be more gritty.

7/10

Mystic River

OK I guess, could see who the murderers were a mile off.

6/10

LotR: Return of the King - 6/10

Every time LotR is on TV it always seems to be the second film, so I was pleasantly surprised to watch a different one.

In fact, its the first time I have seen the last film, and it wasnt the worst way to spend almost 4 hours on the sofa. I came away scratching my head a bit though.

1. Who or what is Sauron? Maybe I missed the point, but he just seemed to be a big eye. The dude riding the dragon was just his champion?

2. Why does the ring send you crazy?

3. Solutions always just seemed to magic themselves up. Being massively out numbered in the main battle. I know, we'll just 'invent' this massive undead army we can call upon. Obviously they had to work with the source material, but as an audience I never felt they were in danger.

Not to mention the Orc's routing at the end when victory was upon them.

4. The pheonix's at the end. Where were they for the past few films!? They would have come in handy against all those dragons moments before - or to have taken them straight to mount Doom.

Maybe some of these are answered in the first film (or to be answered in Hobbit movies). It just seems for 12 hours of movie, very little was explained or answered.

LotR: Return of the King - 6/10

4. The pheonix's at the end. Where were they for the past few films!? They would have come in handy against all those dragons moments before - or to have taken them straight to mount Doom.

Wait till you see the end of the Hobbit then :). I think Tolkien got a bit lazy on that bit

1. Who or what is Sauron? Maybe I missed the point, but he just seemed to be a big eye. The dude riding the dragon was just his champion?

Maybe some of these are answered in the first film (or to be answered in Hobbit movies). It just seems for 12 hours of movie, very little was explained or answered.

#1 is answered right at the start of The Fellowship of the Ring (which is on Film 4 on Tuesday) ;)

#1 is answered right at the start of The Fellowship of the Ring (which is on Film 4 on Tuesday) ;)

I prefer if they have it on Ch4 because that is HD then. That part is one of the best bits, I cant remember where it is in the book but the whole theme, and in the darkness bind them is pretty central to the film

That part of the film is in few paragraphs here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron#The_Rings_of_Power &
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron#War_against_the_Last_Alliance

Your Highness 6/10
surprisingly ok

I prefer if they have it on Ch4 because that is HD then. That part is one of the best bits, I cant remember where it is in the book but the whole theme, and in the darkness bind them is pretty central to the film

I don't disagree. Film 4 is low quality. Just happens to be showing on there this week which is the only reason I mentioned it :)

Kill List. One of the most warped films I've ever seen. So messed up.

Watched bits of it last week - the sound was turned down so barely audible. But the kitchen scene with the hammer.. :eek::eek:

I stopped watching as it was so late + and I couldn't hear it properly but I've heard the last scene is bonkers (and shocking!).

Will watch again - with proper sound!

Went to the cinema and saw Danny Boyle's new film, Trance. Sort of a cross between the Thomas Crown Affair and Vanilla Sky. I found it enjoyable enough 7/10

Also, there was one scene I really did not expect!

I then watched a sci-fi film called Love on FIlm4OD. This was ok, a little like an expensive student film. 5/10 seemed well made but abit like a cross between Solaris and The Fountain. Both films I wasn't overly sure what was going on.

Natural Born Killers - 8/10

It took me 10-15 minutes to really get into the style of film but once I understood what the 'art direction(?)' was like, it was awesome!

Back
Top Bottom