What film did you watch last night?

Django unchained. Not as good as Inglorious ******** but still enjoyable. Quite funny in places. Samuel L Jackson steals it. 7/10

Argo. Very good, well acted and particularly tense in places. The end let it down slightly by being clearly over exaggerated for Hollywood effect. 8/10

The Campaign. Haven't laughed at Will Ferrel so much since Anchorman, or that TV rant about K-stew. Zak what'shisface is brilliant too. 8/10

Last edited:
Leon - Extended cut with a bunch of mates.

The pedophilic undertones aren't so subtle in the extended cut, I don't think this movie could be made now without a huge uproar from the daily mail types.

Still a cracking movie and a solid 9/10

Man On Fire 8/10

Man on Fire.
Taken
Faster

8.5/10 for all 3 movies.

All similar types of movies, involving revenge over a loved one, using violence.
I loved all 3 movies.

I find that Faster does not get enough mention - terrific movie, where we see Dwayne Johnson absolutely possessed with revenge and he hardly says anything during the movie.

Just watched Winter's Bone and found it average.

I can't understand the great reviews. There was admittedly some good acting and tension but I just found it deadly dull. It was basically just Jennifer Lawrence going from house to house asking for info about the whereabouts of her Dad. Nothing of note happened.

6/10

A Tale of Two Sisters. 8/10.

Scared me ****less. :(

i watched this when it first came out and just didn't get it.

i remember reading reviews which advised to watch it 2 times in a row to get it
(i didn't) but other than the kitchen scene, i don''t remember being scared/jumpy at all

The Hunt - what a powerhouse of a film. Amazing performances all round and very emotive film. The subject matter is difficult at times but its stunningly handled. A must see. 9 - 10

Oldboy - 9/10.

Rewatched this after nabbing a cheap copy on blu-ray and it's still as awesome as I remember it. Truly brilliant (albeit disturbing) ending.

i watched this when it first came out and just didn't get it.

i remember reading reviews which advised to watch it 2 times in a row to get it
(i didn't) but other than the kitchen scene, i don''t remember being scared/jumpy at all

I'm a pansy and find the whole girl creeping in through a window and stuff like that rather intense, didn't help I was on my own in the dark with the sound up! It's the sound damn it! :(

I Love You Phillip Morris

7.5/10

Really good film, fantastic true story and I would have rated it even higher but the story felt a little rushed at times. Good acting from both Ewan and Jim Carrey and I would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom