What film did you watch last night?

Just watched dark skies,

7/10 (mainly because i like this genre)

a bit jumpy in places, much popcorn was spilled by the guys sat behind us.

Turns out aliens just like to be ****s to people and are always slightly out of focus...

Amazing Spiderman

Being a comic book geek I really want to love this film, but on a second viewing I didn't have the blinkers on, it's good, but it's just not great, there's brilliant parts, the casting is perfect, but the plot just doesn't get going for me, the Lizard was an awful choice as a central threat and poorly visualized.

Really hope they take a lead from Sam Raimi's second film and bring him out into the daylight, and really visualize his web slinging, that's what Raimi's really nailed in the second.

Saying that this is the first, and should be taken as such, just a little more difficult to watch an origin story so close to the previous iteration.

7/10

Last edited:
Batman the dark night.

Not seen it in a very long time and even though when it was on the movie channel I probably saw it 5 times. I could not remember a thing about how it all happened. Was great

Jack The Giant Killer...

7.5/10

Enjoyed it but nothing that makes me go wow or an awesome storyline but it is afterall, a fairy tale... I did enjoy the 3D effects, subtle that adds to it rather than in your face all the time.

50/50

9/10, I really enjoyed it. Went through a whole range of moods and emotions (as I imagine cancer sufferers and their friends/family do) which was great, as they didn't just focus on "Let's make a funny film about cancer" or "Let's make a depressing film about cancer", it covered the whole spectrum.

Plus Anna Kendrick is so ridiculously pretty and absurdly adorable in every way. I think I re-watched each of her scenes three times over.

Back
Top Bottom