What film did you watch last night?

Dawn of the Dead (newish one). 8/10
Pretty decent film was expecting a remake of the original but the only thing that's the same is its in a shopping mall.

The Crow (1994)

Still really enjoy this film.

9/10

Just to address something people have said about the Hobbit and it been a kids book, yes it was, no doubt about it. However, in my opinion I think the film shold have given it a healthy kick up the bum and at least brought it to the same level as LOTR's.

Lawless - not bad, enjoyable film for a thursday evening. A little far fetched that one man can survive all those injuries/bullets etc and still survive but pretty good.

7/10

Just back from the cinema after seeing Antiviral. Despite some quite bad reviews (and some good ones) I liked it. Uncomfortable, satirical, claustrophobic, disconcerting, grim, icky and horror are words that come to mind. Visually I loved it; the sound was great too, really made it. Not perfect, but well worth the cash to see it at the cinema. I'm trying to decide on how I would score it...... 7.5/10 which is a good score from me.

I can see this one being very marmite though!

Just back from the cinema after seeing Antiviral. Despite some quite bad reviews (and some good ones) I liked it. Uncomfortable, satirical, claustrophobic, disconcerting, grim, icky and horror are words that come to mind. Visually I loved it; the sound was great too, really made it. Not perfect, but well worth the cash to see it at the cinema. I'm trying to decide on how I would score it...... 7.5/10 which is a good score from me.

I can see this one being very marmite though!

Was this part of a special horror night or something, this has been out on DVD for a while now.

Was this part of a special horror night or something, this has been out on DVD for a while now.
No it was on for a normal weeks run. This cinema only has 2 screens and often shows films that have had a fairly limited release. Between showing a lot of world cinema, old movie specials and mainstream releases as well as limited release sometimes means you see films long after they initially came out. I think the film itself was released about a year ago?

No it was on for a normal weeks run. This cinema only has 2 screens and often shows films that have had a fairly limited release. Between showing a lot of world cinema, old movie specials and mainstream releases as well as limited release sometimes means you see films long after they initially came out. I think the film itself was released about a year ago?

Sounds like a decent cinema, seems as though you'd get to see a lot that you'd probably miss at more mainstream chains?

Top film, one of my all time (if not my all time) favourite :)

Goes straight in to my top 10, I'm even more appreciative after reading the Preacher graphic novels which pays a lot of tributes to the film. Definitely one of Tarantinos best scripts along with Jackie Brown.

Tony Scott was brilliant, as well as all the cast, the hotel room scene was brutal. You just have to love everything about Alabama, 'You're so cool'.

Last edited:
Sounds like a decent cinema, seems as though you'd get to see a lot that you'd probably miss at more mainstream chains?
Yeah it's part of the Europa Cinema network and is attached to one of the largest arts centres in Scotland. You get a good variety, I'm tempted to go along this weekend as they are showing Notorious. Another part of the appeal is that people tend to go to this one because they really want to watch that particular film and aren't going to talk through it or scoff popcorn all the way through :) I practically never go to the local VUE.

The Hunt - what a powerhouse of a film. Amazing performances all round and very emotive film. The subject matter is difficult at times but its stunningly handled. A must see. 9 - 10

this is the dutch film, right? my version didn't have any subs so i had to switch it off :/

Just watched dark skies,

7/10 (mainly because i like this genre)

a bit jumpy in places, much popcorn was spilled by the guys sat behind us.

Turns out aliens just like to be ****s to people and are always slightly out of focus...

did actually enjoy this and i hate this kind of film normally. i did jump at one bit :D

One cinema down here used to show older films now and again which was great as got to see some of my favourites (Leon, Full Metal Jacket) on the big screen 5/10 years after they were first released.

Back
Top Bottom