What film did you watch last night?

Watched Dark Skies with mrk this evening. 6 / 10 from me, but it may be because I'm not the biggest fan of this genre of film. Some of the bits that were meant to be scary/jumpy sort of turned into comedy moments instead!

This part of the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8iLp1xQtPQ&t=105

Reminded me of this:

Anyone who's seen it should know what I'm talking about :D

Last edited:
:O cat sections were pretty lol :D

The eyeball segment was pretty creepy though as was the figure, you never get to see it fully which adds to the creep factor. Other than that it was indeed 6/10 I'd say as well.

Dredd - 7.5/10.

I found it to be an enjoyable action film. Karl Urban was a very good choice of actor I think. Much preferred it to Stallone's take on the character.
I also liked how it was depicted as a 'typical' day in the life of a Judge, rather than 'the world will end if they don't stop them' type scenario.

this is the dutch film, right? my version didn't have any subs so i had to switch it off :/

It's Danish. Andvthanks for reminding me op. I'll be watching that tonight.

Currently watching ( but only about 1/2 way through ) Cloud Atlas. Quite good although Tom Hanks' "diddely eye mush begorrah" Irish accent in an early scene is a bit silly. Speaking as an Irishman.

Despite the fact I'm not really a Tarantino fan, or a Jamie Foxx fan - I decided to watch Django Unchained yesterday.

Have to admit, it wasnt bad at all. Decent action, a reasonable plot, the two supporting actors completely steal the show for me.

I cant imagine its a film I'd ever watch again, however it didnt leave me feeling that I'd just wasted 3 hours either.

A solid 7.5/10.

Silver Linings Playbook - 7/10

That's a high score from me, particularly for what is essentially a rom-com. Robert De Niro is brilliant in this, as is the girl from Hunger Games (she's much hotter now she's filled out a little :D). It's funny too, in a black rom-com kind of way. I would definitely recommend watching this.

Back
Top Bottom