What film did you watch last night?

i thought the same. another niggle i had (and i realise this is a first world problem) is that annoying bbc3 logo in the top left corner all the way through!

Silver Linings Playbook 9/10 - I'm not normally a fan of rom-coms but this was so different to most of them that I really enjoyed it. I loved the dark humour and the script is awesome, so well written.

I still don't get the Jennifer Lawrence love though, I get that she's got a nice body but I think she's a bit plain and odd looking other than that.

Couple of Jet Li films last night

Kiss of the Dragon 7/10
Enjoyed this one, helped along by Bridget Fonda

The One 3/10
Awful, only lasted an hour before I switched it off.

you should only watch any early martial arts films :p

black mask is a great jet film. as is fist of legend.

I still don't get the Jennifer Lawrence love though, I get that she's got a nice body but I think she's a bit plain and odd looking other than that.

My thoughts exactly.
She is very plain looking and I see better looking women walking on the street.

Of course, looks are subjective and it could be that some men like the plain looking, girl-next-door look.

+1.

Literally just finished watching The Hunt. Great movie but infuriating. 9/10.

Just finished his newest one - Rust and Bone - another 9/10 from me. Equally awesome.

The chap from Bullhead plays his character superbly, as does Marion Cotillard. I read a review of this film that said "you don't know why, but you just don't want to it to end and want to know what happens next in their lives" and its totally true.

Finally got round to seeing Searching for Sugar Man. Most south africans know and love the music of Rodriguez, with Cold Fact being an album that every music lover owned, but no one else in the world knew of him. Of the man nothing was know just that everyone had a different story of how he died. The documentary charts the search for information about the man and his music.

It is truly a wonderful movie, and if you love music or just want to get a lift out of life, it is a must see. I urge you to see it 10/10

who Framed Roger Rabbit (25th anniversary edition blu)

7/10

One of those films I've seen bits of in the past but never from start to finish in a single go. It's pretty good, and quite nicely done (especially given they didn't use computers etc),
The Roger Rabbit Shorts that are on the disk as extras were good as well.

Finally got round to seeing Searching for Sugar Man. Most south africans know and love the music of Rodriguez, with Cold Fact being an album that every music lover owned, but no one else in the world knew of him. Of the man nothing was know just that everyone had a different story of how he died. The documentary charts the search for information about the man and his music.

It is truly a wonderful movie, and if you love music or just want to get a lift out of life, it is a must see. I urge you to see it 10/10

Watched this recently, good movie.

GI Joe 2 Retaliation, went to see this last night at the cinema with the missus and thought it was a total pile of crap...even the special effects couldnt save this sorry excuse of a sequel :(.
For one no Dennis Quaid, also other than Channing Tatum who was in the first one but in this one doesnt last more than 30mins...most of the characters from the previous one were not in it. Hell even Bruce Willis and the Rock couldnt save this movie. Was half expecting Channing to turn up at the end to help save the day etc. But no they killed him off and from then on in, it was pure rubbish. The missus liked it but then she hasnt seen the first one, which i thought was better and the red haired lass from the first one was much more nicer on the eye than the one in this sequel.

Meh totally avoid if any are planning to watch this...5/10 and thats me being generous.

Back
Top Bottom