What film did you watch last night?

The Bay - 3/10 pretty rubbish although I like found footage style films

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 9/10 I'm sorry to say I found this film quite charming and very funny. I can see why it didn't really do very well and must have been a bit of a flop box office wise as there was some money spent on it.

The Life Aquatic

Have you seen Moonrise Kingdom? If not I'd recommend it.

who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I picked this up on DVD recently as I haven't seen it in about 15 years. Big fan.

Cloud Atlas

Meh. I got the themes running through the film but I struggled to see what I was supposed to get from them. The acting was okay nothing spectacular really Ben Wishaw and Jim Broadbent were great though.

Oblivion - 8/10.

Was an interesting future view and tech was plausible. The Drones were cool, Tom Cruise was alright. I didnt expect some of the things that happened, but even if I had it would have been worth the watch, and it was worth the watch. Music was quite good as well.

There were some hollywood cliches though.

Theres an explosion at the end

Oblivion - 8/10.

Was an interesting future view and tech was plausible. The Drones were cool, Tom Cruise was alright. I didnt expect some of the things that happened, but even if I had it would have been worth the watch, and it was worth the watch. Music was quite good as well.

There were some hollywood cliches though.

Theres an explosion at the end

oh 8/10? - sounds quite good. love futuristic types of movies ...

Just finished his newest one - Rust and Bone - another 9/10 from me. Equally awesome.

The chap from Bullhead plays his character superbly, as does Marion Cotillard. I read a review of this film that said "you don't know why, but you just don't want to it to end and want to know what happens next in their lives" and its totally true.

on it like a car bonnet. Will watch Friday methinks. Probably get through Broken City tonight. One that isn't watermarked to fu**

Chronicle - 7/10

While I admire the effort to do the handheld camera thing. I think this film would be better left to the normal means of filming a film.

IMO

Kind of the point of the film, it's meant to be a what if this actually occurred scenario, not a fantasy story to be glamorised and I'm not a big fan of handheld camera lost footage films for the most part.

But there's a place for them when done in the right manner. Chronicle and Cloverfield are two that captured the 'what if' factor very well.

This is/was these filmmaker's (Trank & Landis) first film, my hat goes off to them for such an amazingly produced idea.

GI Joe - 4/10 I guess.

Rachel Nichols (from Continuum) and Sienna Miller were nice to look at, but overall it was pretty poor and too cheesy. Super-dangerous warheads being carried in a briefcase in a small convoy with air support hovering 100ft over their heads, no surprises they got stolen. Two solders watch their entire unit get slaughtered, then train up to super-elite GI Joe level in the space of a day or something. I think it probably holds the record for the most secret underground facilities in one film too, everyone seemed to have at least one.

Felt like they were setting it up for a sequel at the end, I hope they don't bother.

Stranded
The first mission to Mars crashes into the surface of the planet. The astronauts are faced with a dire situation. With no resources and no time to wait for the rescue team to arrive, they have just one alternative: three must die so the other teo can survive. But who will live and who will die?

4/10

Beneath the darkness
Ely Vaughn is a pillar of the community in tiny Smithville, Texas. The town's mortician, Ely has been revered since his days as the high school's star quarterback. But since the tragic death of his wife two years earlier, Ely has withdrawn from his neighbors, while local teens spread stories of supernatural goings on at Ely's mansion-which is also the funeral home. When high school friends Travis, Abby, Brian and Danny decide to check out the rumors, they are shocked to see the supposedly grieving widower dancing with a mysterious woman behind the curtains of his bedroom window. Their curiosity aroused, the four teens wait for Ely to leave the house before breaking in to investigate. But instead of finding clues to the woman's identity, they stumble on a grotesque, long-hidden secret. The sadistic mortician next door will now stop at nothing to literally bury his past.

5/10

A couple of nights ago: Back To The Future and Back To The Future II. I've not seen them in many a year and they really are entertaining. 8/10 and 7/10 for them.

Back
Top Bottom