What film did you watch last night?

Any Day Now (2012)

LaqOKnu.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2066176/reference

In the 1970s, a gay couple fights a biased legal system to keep custody of the abandoned mentally handicapped teenager that comes to live under their roof.

Fantastically powerful and moving drama, Alan Cumming is simply magical in his portrayal of Rudy. Highly recommended.

8.5/10

A couple of nights ago: Back To The Future and Back To The Future II. I've not seen them in many a year and they really are entertaining. 8/10 and 7/10 for them.
I absolutely love the first BTTF. Takes me back to the good old days when such films were the Christmas Day highlight on TV (or Gremlins/Raider of the Lost Arc/Goonies etc).

Watched The King's Speech the other night on Channel 4. Rather enjoyed it. Firth is first class. 7/10

Dredd - I enjoyed this new film based on Judge Dredd. I have never read the comics but have been aware of the character and didn't think much of the Stallone version in the 90's. This was impressive with its violence and worked pretty well for a 90 minute blast. Shame it didn't do well when it came out. 4/5

The Hobbit 8/10

Waited to catch this on bluray as I prefer to watch this kind of thing at home without 3d and high fps malarkey :p

Agree with the others. It's a slow, but faithful start, but then it really gets going.
Loved the orc language and the goblin king was quality, if a bit too well spoken :D
Beautifully shot with great attention to detail.

Not saying it was better, but I enjoyed it more than the LOTR trilogy (I've read the books a couple of times fwiw).
Only real criticisms are to do with the repeated last second saving the day stuff that we also got in the trilogy. Other than that, great stuff.

Last edited:
Zero Dark Thirty.
5/10.
Very long movie about 1 lady's obsession with locating and killing Bin Laden.
For a neutral like myself, I couldn't care less about whether Bin Laden lives or not and after watching the movie, my stance didn't change.
Put it another way, if this movie was shown on the telly, without any advertising/marketing, I'd have switched the channel after 15-30 minutes.

Sinister
7.5/10
Decent movie which had a few spooky bits and a decent twist at the end.

ban request.

Aaaah...I can see that there are some Battle Royale fans here. :)

I'd actually agree with the poster who stated that Hunger Game is similar to BR. Of course, BR was released a long time before Hunger Games, but I felt there were certainly some similarities.

I think when I saw Hunger Games, I rated it 7/10, which is decent.

BR was more graphic and faster paced (and therefore better).

Back
Top Bottom