What film did you watch last night?

Oblivion

Gonna have to be 9.5/10 maybe 10 :O

Really really liked it

Same. We all had a great time watching this tonight. Some of the story was predictable as expected but the visuals were stunning, sound was stunning (I actually rate movie audio as high as the picture).

Some of the finest CGI I have ever seen in this kind of movie and the landmarks shown in ruins were pretty remarkable as well. Loved how it all ended.

I also watched Looper.

Pleasantly surprised, one hell of an opening to a film i knew almost nothing about. Really caught me off guard.

I love sci-fi and this didn't disappoint, quirky interesting futuristic earth, a bit weird at points, a bit stylised for the sake of being so and Reaaaaaaaaaally predictable, especially the finally. but enjoyed every minute of it.

Bruce is looking old !

8.5/10

The Bourne Legacy.

Despite liking all of the previous Bourne films I was in no hurry to see Legacy as I thought without Matt Damon's Jason Bourne as the main protagonist and no Paul Greengrass in the directors chair it would just be a cheap cash in of the franchise. The movie also seemed to receive mixed reviews from both critics and punters.

Pleased to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the film. Jeremy Renner played his part superbly, he's every bit as convincing as Matt Damon's Bourne IMO. Just a great action/adventure film with some superb set pieces and good acting performances.

I like the way they've fleshed out the Treadstone world with the revealing of the genectic manipulation of the agents etc.
I hope we get more Bourne films, it would be great if they could write something that included both Jason Bourne and Aaron Cross in the same movie. I understand Matt Damon is interested in coming back as Bourne but it seems he is only willing if Paul Greengrass is recalled as director.

Last edited:
Evil Dead, the original one....over 30 yrs old now and still as funny as hell although its meant to be a horror movie but i must have spent most of the movie cracking up with laughter.
I know the remake is out this friday so thought id watch this again to prepare myself and i wasnt disappointed. The special effects were quite simply hilarious especially near the end when it all kicks off:p.

9/10 for me, will probably watch the 2nd one tonight for the lulz.

Have you tried Primer - probably my favourite time travel film. And all made on a budget of some $7000 apparently. The sound editing is a little poor at times ( when they are talking by the fountain for example ) but def a neat little gem and goes to show that all the money in the world can't beat a good story.

As for me tonight I shall be attempting rust and bone

Aye, Primer is a cracker, really gets the little grey cells going!

Last night was Inception - it is a real classy film, excellent throughout, a couple of slight niggles but almost perfect! 5/5

Kill List - 6/10

I quite enjoyed it, it was quite gritty and some of the violence was rather brutal, but I didn't like the way it just left you sitting with a million questions about what had just happened at the end.

Just finished his newest one - Rust and Bone - another 9/10 from me. Equally awesome.

The chap from Bullhead plays his character superbly, as does Marion Cotillard. I read a review of this film that said "you don't know why, but you just don't want to it to end and want to know what happens next in their lives" and its totally true.

enjoyed it. Watched it over 2 nights. Just cos I'm getting old and had a few too many beers....

8/10 for me on Rust and Bone..

Alpha Dogs 8.5/10

Never heard of it before but missus wanted to watch it - took a while to get going but very good and extremely sad :(

based on a true story of a boy who gets kidnapped. Has justin timberlake and bruce willis in

Have you tried Primer - probably my favourite time travel film. And all made on a budget of some $7000 apparently. The sound editing is a little poor at times ( when they are talking by the fountain for example ) but def a neat little gem and goes to show that all the money in the world can't beat a good story.

Amazing film, one of my all time favourites. The complete lack of exposition makes it difficult to follow in places, but that only makes the story that much more rewarding when you think it through for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom