What film did you watch last night?

Expendables 2 (Yeah, I know :o)

Exactly what I thought it'd be, a half entertaining pile of crap :)
Statham had a couple of well done fight scenes and it was good to see Jet Li get at least one before he disappeared though.
I thought Van Damme was good, but the last fight wasn't long enough.

Schwarzenegger was never the greatest actor of course, but my god was he at his cheesy worst in this. The in-jokes were beyond bad and Norris was a pointless addition.

Did you need this mini-review? No, but you got it anyway. The same goes for the film :p

Recently watched:
Jack Reacher: Was not expecting much, but actually quite enjoyed it. Although felt like it could have been developed (plot) a lot more. 6/10
The Wrestler: Very good film 8/10
Life of Pi: Enjoyed this much more than expected. Very Slumdog Millionaire-esq! 7/10

I watched Killing Them Softly last night, it made me laugh a couple of times, but other than that it was terrible. Literally the worst story line ever, I felt like hardly anything happened. It also felt way longer than 97 minutes or whatever it was. Avoid!

Just finished watching Zero Dark Thirty, obviously I have my doubts about how accurate it is, but its a pretty decent thriller in its own right. Probably wouldnt watch again but glad I have it some time. 7/10.

R2B (Return 2 Base) - 4/10 - South Korean "Top Gun" for the Ace Combat generation. The CGI was very good but the rest was fairly dire and it seemed that a good 6/10's of the script must have been written in CAPS from the amount of shouting, even parts of the romantic scenes were shouted! The acting wasn't great and felt a bit stereo-typical (manly men and dainty women) but it's always interesting to see how other cultures perceive how a War film should be done.

Jack Reacher. Wasn't too bad but I'd guessed the plot and ending in about 15 minutes or something. Still I'd give it a 6/10

We went to see Oblivion last night which I thought was a great film, A few let down moments in the film but overall it was still a good film. We are wanting to see Jack Reacher too, It looks pretty good ;)

Back
Top Bottom