What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Rush

10/10 cracking film and some brilliant acting. Very convincing and not to over dramatised just for film, off course there's a fair bit, but its certainly not over done.

Soldato
Films I've recently watched:

The Purge:

Disappointing, no real scares, no real tension, no surprises.

2/10

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Completely daft nonesense but good fun. A "brain off - eyes open" kind of film. Enjoyable.

5/10

Bad Teacher

A few miss steps but some amusing bits too. Nothing special but ok.

5/10

Skyline

I think I might have missed some bits as I was rather sleepy because some of it didn't really make a whole load of sense. Very generic and derivative, so many films either referenced or basically copied. Some reasonable special effects but overall not really any characters you cared for...

5/10

Soldato
I watched Jack and Jill with my kids never laughed so much at them laughing so much.

If I'd watched it alone or with my wife it just wouldn't have worked but the kids made me laugh at parts where I would not have done before.

It's arguably the worst film ever made but if you have kids aged 7-10 they might just like it.

Associate
Not lastnight (well one was, but over the weekend I watched)

Unstoppable - 7/10
I'm a big fan Denzel Washington and his charactor in this is superb in this, very enjoyable, for those that like an entertaining action film. :)

Prince of Persia - 7/10
Great action film, for those that like to switch off and enjoy the ride. Oh and Gemma Arterton looks fantastic in it, which is always a bonus for us lads ;)

Soldato
Watched "The Mist" on Friday.

7.5/10 for sure, CGI could be better but it does have a great build of tension and the chaos between the two groups of survivors is portrayed pretty well IMO.

Plus dat ending :D

Soldato
Not lastnight (well one was, but over the weekend I watched)

Unstoppable - 7/10
I'm a big fan Denzel Washington and his charactor in this is superb in this, very enjoyable, for those that like an entertaining action film. :)

Prince of Persia - 7/10
Great action film, for those that like to switch off and enjoy the ride. Oh and Gemma Arterton looks fantastic in it, which is always a bonus for us lads ;)

Gemma also looks good in this one :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1379177/?ref_=fn_al_tt_6

Last edited:
Soldato
The Purge - 4/10, and that is only for the first half as I quite liked the set up.

The rest of the film was just over the top and really rather dumb, it wasn't scary and it wasn't compelling or thought provoking.

The suspension of disbelief required to accept that given the opportunity normal people would turn into such grotesque caricatures was just too much.

Also, all fire and emergency services suspended? Are we supposed to assume that given the scope of the "purge" people would limit themselves to petty revenge killings and hunting down poor people?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom