What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Olympus Has Fallen

I really enjoyed it to be honest, lots of action and a real forget the wield and get into it type of film. Definitely recommend it to the action junkies :D

Soldato
I'm confused here, if you expected a "load of rubbish" then why did you bother to watch it?

We watch movies, in the hope that they turn out to be good.
I watched Kick Ass, expecting it be bad. It was great, though.
The same goes for How To Train Your Dragon.
And The Butterfly Effect.

All these movies - expected to be bad, but were great.

Associate
Searching for Sugar Man - 8/10
A great documentary, some of the production values are a bit odd, but they are easily forgotten when you're sucked into the story

The Heat - 6/10
Didn't think it was too bad! Better than Hangover 3 and was easy to watch.

I Give It A Year - 4/10
Standard romcom flick, cheesy, predictable and instantly forgettable.

Associate
Olympus Has Fallen

I really enjoyed it to be honest, lots of action and a real forget the wield and get into it type of film. Definitely recommend it to the action junkies :D

I watched this too last night. I really enjoyed it. Epic action movie, nothing more and nothing less. The AC130 CGI was a bit dodgy at times but great for the most part.

Once the White House is actually captured by the NK forces it does then start to feel like a generic by the numbers Die Hard scenario though. The initial attack was the best part for me.

Caporegime
I'm confused here, if you expected a "load of rubbish" then why did you bother to watch it?

Curiosity? Broader knowledge?

I've watched all 3 Transformers films. I had read that they were terrible, I expected them to be terrible, they were terrible. But if I don't watch terrible films from time to time, how can I have any relative perception of good films? Average films? Excellent films?

Back
Top Bottom