1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, 2 Sep 2009.

1. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

How is there a problem?

The young assassin lives in the present. They become an assassin in the present and then spend, say, 5 years assassinating people who are sent back to them. Eventually they assassinate themselves at some point when their future self is sent back. After that they don't do any more assassinating, until they catch up with the future, when time travel gets invented, and the mob then sends them back to the past to be assassinated by their past self in order to get rid of them.

2. mrk

Man of Honour

Area 51.

A "found footage" film about a group of pals who go to infiltrate Groom Lake and encounter some funky shiz. It starts off a bit meh, but once they hit the '51 things heat up. I;d give it a 6/10. It's not spectacular, but worth a watch for found footage film fans. Some cool SFK in it too.

3. Uncle Petey

Capodecina

Sicario

Great cinematography, great performances.
    Possibly a little slow, but that wasn't a big deal for me.

While I liked it a lot, I felt that it was lacking something.

4. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Man of Steel

It was alright. Not a huge superhero movie fan, but quite enjoyed it. Think a follow up movie could have been pretty good, having got all the origins guff out of the way. Bit of a shame they've gone straight into the Batman stuff first.

7/10

5. Skeeter

Caporegime

Lol.

I fall into the void where I wasn't born when the Original Trilogy were released, and only discovered them when Episode 1 came out, so I don't have massive love for the originals, and I also don't share the massive hatred for the prequels.

I like the whole Star Wars thing, its cool. But I don't have peaks and troughs view some people do of it

6. zootfloot

Wise Guy

The Rack Pack (iplayer)

Loved the story, loved some of the acting (Steve Davis and Barry Hearn) and absolutely hated with a passion the actor playing Alex Higgens.

His accent was so bad that i think my 7 year old daughter could do a better job.

5/10 because of the accent.

7. antijoke

Caporegime

Spectre - 6/10

Hmmmmm, pretty naff Bond film to be honest, the car chase was more Fast & Furious than car chase, was half expecting Vin Diesel to popup in the background in an RX7.

Just a whole lot of nothing going on.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2016
  8. darreny

Mobster

I couldn't get into it because he was so bad, nothing like Higgins

9. nands

Mobster

Three for me over the weekend:-

The Hunger Games - thought I should look at this to see what all of the fuss was about a few years back. Was OK as a teen adventure, saw Divergent first which took a little of the shine off I suppose, oh and Battle Royale. 3/5

Batman Begins
    - the beginning of the best set of superhero films? Looking forward to watching the Dark Knight again but this was merely good, a nice starter if you want. 4/5

Brewster's Millions - a blast from the past, thirty years old and still fine. Brewster has to spend $30 million in 30 days to inherit $300 million. Richard Pryor and John Candy, good memories, 4/5

10. robfosters

Caporegime

Love this movie. One of those that if I flick over and it's on, I will watch it again without fail.

Love the light-hearted John Candy movies of the 80's, like Brewsters millions, Splash and Uncle Buck.

11. Skeeter

Caporegime

Spectre

Meh. I've not even finished it yet and I'm struggling to find the energy to watch the rest of it. We stopped watching it last night because my GF fell asleep.

It's as if you have to make the story up in your head as you go along because they couldn't be bothered to write one. But then, they do certainly give you enough long periods of sod all happening to allow you to think of one. Everything was so obvious too, litterallly not a single curve ball or surprise.

The recent Mission Impossible films have been far better 'Bond' movies than any of the Daniel Craig Bond films.

4/10, at a push.

12. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Fantastic Four 2015, not sure why this is rated so much worse than the 2005 version, thought it was marginally better, still less than ok. 5.5/10

13. stewski

Mobster

Die Hard with a Vengeance.

6/10

Oddly I noticed a prominent mention of both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in it.

14. physichull

Sgarrista

The 5th Wave, 2/10.

Utter twaddle. Good job I have unlimited ticket as I'd have been frustrated if I'd have paid for it.

15. easyrider

Caporegime

Time is more of a killer for me...wasting my time watching dross.:p

16. easyrider

Caporegime

Oh dear...I'm agreeing with Skeets! :p

Agree the Bike chase alone in the last mission film blew spectre away on its own.

Spectre was dross. Sam Mendes be ashamed be very ashamed:mad:

17. stewski

Mobster

Not seen spectre, but ghost protocol was just woeful.

18. Gman

Mobster

Adventures in babysitting

Been watching some classics from my youth. Got to say this has aged quite well and still a good watch.

6-7 / 10

Flight of the Navigator is next on the list

19. easyrider

Caporegime

Apologies I couldn't find one in HD

Mendes Stick your stupid sports car ballet sequence up your **** :D

20. Jokester

Don

The Revenant 9/10
    Absolutely immense. Cinematography and sound is amazing.

And look at DiCaprio's eye's at the end, just pleading for the Oscar, go on, you know he deserves it.