What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Captain America Civil War

I love how they managed to evacuate an Airport in five minutes.

Anyway,
I didn't like Martin Freeman at all. Hilariously miscast IMO. And how/why was there more than one camera at the very site where Tony's parents were run off the road. Plot manipulation ahoy! I was kind of hoping for a four on three Super fight at the end but I guess we got a 2 v 1 instead. Zemo was, well, alright I guess. Not exactly a big bad, but like most bad guys worked on them psychologically instead of just fighting them. Loved Black Panther and am looking forward to the film.

Associate
Hitman: Agent 47

'Can't be that bad' he thought... Oh dear!

Very generic and Rupert Friend wasn't a good casting choice in my opinion. Nowt against him but not for this role. I prefered the Timothy Olyphant 2007 version, and that was a bit poo too.

I'll give it 3/10.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got round to seeing 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Was quite interesting and kept me guessing until the final chapter.

Soldato
The 5th Wave (2016) 4/10

I think this started pretty well, but by the time it got to the half way point. I guessed the 'twist(s)' and then I was praying for the film to end quickly.

Kept watching because my wife enjoyed it :(

Soldato
Captain America Civil War

I love how they managed to evacuate an Airport in five minutes.

Anyway,
I didn't like Martin Freeman at all. Hilariously miscast IMO. And how/why was there more than one camera at the very site where Tony's parents were run off the road. Plot manipulation ahoy! I was kind of hoping for a four on three Super fight at the end but I guess we got a 2 v 1 instead. Zemo was, well, alright I guess. Not exactly a big bad, but like most bad guys worked on them psychologically instead of just fighting them. Loved Black Panther and am looking forward to the film.

I don't think there was more than 1 camera (seeing as though all the other angles were super high def but the security camera was rubbish VHS). That was just for the audiences benefit so we didn't have to watch 5 minutes of crackly VHS.

I also watched it at the weekend. I loved the film even though although I thought the bad guy was a bit weak.

Soldato
Crimson Peak - 6.5/10.

As is the norm with Guillermo Del Toro, visually excellent, with lots of work having gone into the set design, costumes and so on. Shame the same can't be said for the story.

Suspended
Hitman: Agent 47

'Can't be that bad' he thought... Oh dear!

Very generic and Rupert Friend wasn't a good casting choice in my opinion. Nowt against him but not for this role. I prefered the Timothy Olyphant 2007 version, and that was a bit poo too.

I'll give it 3/10.

I agree, both crap.

Associate
Withnail & I - 8/10

What a hilarious film that was!!! I can see why it's a cult classic.

After never hearing about this film I watched it recently when my friend said it was his favourite film of all time. I thought it was one of the worst films I've ever seen. Must be a real marmite film.

Caporegime
After never hearing about this film I watched it recently when my friend said it was his favourite film of all time. I thought it was one of the worst films I've ever seen. Must be a real marmite film.

Apart from the bit with Uncle Monty I didn't find it anything special either. It was ok, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Last edited:
Associate
Over the weekend courtesy of Netflix I watched: -

Lone Survivor - 8/10

Interesting film based on true events. Certainly not going to be a classic, but an enlightening watch.

Begin Again - 7.5/10

A feel good film staring the very delectable Keira Knightley, and if it wasn't for her lead role in it I don't think I would have a second glance. As it turns out I'm glad I did, an enjoyable film.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Captain America: Civil War.

The movie was alright, I don't think having the whole story unfold and be wrapped in one movie was the best idea. Maybe they should have made this the 2 parter and had a couple of other marvel movies in between the start and the conclusion then left Infinity war as the one movie.

5/10

Last edited:
Soldato
The other week i bought and watched the new star wars film and i wasn't disappointed. Captured the feel of the original three and i giggled like a schoolgirl with sheer delight through the whole thing :D