What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Grimsby

Now I want to start this by saying I'm not a fan of SBC, dislike Borat, never particularly like Ali-G etc so when I popped around to a friends and they were just putting this on I groaned inside...

And yes, this film is terrible (in any critical sense) but omg, did we laugh, genuine belly laughs all the way through, and what else do you want from a comedy? :D

So it might have just been right time, right company, but for a comedy, it was great : 7.5 / 10

Soldato
Alien 3 - 4/10

Decided to watch the extended cut as i'm always reading its a lot better than the theatrical release and makes the film decent. It was just as bad as I remember it being. Loved Alien and Aliens, but 3 onwards (including Promethius) are just terrible imo. Almost like they have totally misunderstood what made the first two great and tried to make them into a comedy with a load of quirky characters. The cgi and whole thing just looked cheap. How they managed that on a much larger budget than the first 2 films i'll never know.

If it wasn't for Sigourneys decent performance i'd probably have just switched it off half way through.

Associate
Id like to say a big thank you to everyone who ever mentioned Untouchable. What a wonderful film that is. It's been a long time since I've seen something so positive that genuinely had me laughing and smiling so much throughout. I actually had to wipe tears from my eyes at more than one point.

For anyone that doesn't know, It's a film about a wealthy quadriplegic man and a friendship with his caregiver. French subtitled through out, don't let that put you off - honestly it's worth watching if you get the chance. I'm going to give this 10/10 :D

Associate
The Legend of Tarzan

Was better than I was expecting. Alexander Skarsgård played the part well, Samuel L. Jackson wasn't as annoying as he usually is, Christoph Waltz was Christoph Waltz and Margot Robbie is just so yummy! The CGI in general was decent but some of the green screen was a bit ropey. Didn't need as many flashbacks, and the Djimon Hounsou story was very weak and fairly pointless.

I'd recommend it if you fancy an adventure romp...

7/10

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Doctor Strange

Really enjoyed this, plenty of action and great humour bits, and lovely effects, looked amazing in Imax 3D.

8/10

Thats good to hear, to be honest i was fearing the worse but i always do and they tend to be pretty good. :) Cant wait not going to see until the weekend.

Galaxy Quest - 8/10 have watched this multiple times and a great flick if you havent watched it before. Tribute take the mick film to Star Trek.

Caporegime
The secret lives of pets 6/10 - was OK. Had a few outright funny moments but got really slow at one point. Probably more of a kids film anyway.

Sausage Party 7/10 - had more funny moments than the other one and a few "my god..." moments, that last scene as well....jesus, haha. But it was enjoyable enough. The overuse of swearing got annoying after a while.

Back
Top Bottom