What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Yes mate exactly what its called, my mistake. Poor anyways.
Why would they make a story line which is basically selling dinos to gangsters etc to be used as a weapon, what a farce!!
Indeed, I didn't really get the point of the idea either. I mean they showed near the start how easily a raptor is taken down by 1 bullet. So how does that make it any better for killing bad guys?

Soldato
Train to Busan.

Saw this a couple of nights ago. I do like me a zombie film, so this was right up my street. Felt like it revitalised a somewhat tired genre by clever use of the claustrophobic train setting. All very broad-brush characters, but then this wasn't really a character-based film. The acting was very good, though, and we did see some character development over the course of the film, which is not always the case in this genre. Direction, editing and pacing are pretty spot-on too for a zombie film. The running time flew by for me. 8/10

Soldato
Well it was Ant Man and the Wasp, and i'm sure I would have enjoyed it had my girlfriend not felt sick about 20 minutes in, meaning we had to leave.

Doh!

There had been a big water leak in my town yesterday, finally fixed early this morning, not far from the cinema so when I arrived last night the cinema was closed. Ah well I'm going Sunday anyway.

Associate
Finally had some time to watch this one.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

9/10.

I'd had a rough week in work with a teenager committing suicide.

The Woody Harrelson letter to his wife really had me holding back the tears, not sure if it was the best of the worse time to have listened to that part.

Soldato
Just watched Avengers: Infinity War. 10/10.

Thanos was the best villain of any superhero film I’ve seen, just brilliant.

Looked fantastic in UHD too.

Associate
Wrinkle in Time 3/10
Easily 40 mins too long, hardly any content in this film. Weakest family film I've seen in memory. Waste of a starry cast

Soldato
Annihilation.

I hadn't heard of this and didn't know what to expect. I think I'd read the "in a land where the laws of physics don't apply" line and got it associated in my head with the kind of Wrinkle in Time kids films. When I noticed it was a sci-fi/thriller I gave it a go.

Not sure what to make of it. It had some decent moments, and for a while it seemed to be setting up an intriguing premise, but it didn't really go anywhere with it and the majority of the second half was pretty forgettable (most of it after the bear basically - which I thought was a giant mutated rat, but never mind :)). Pity. I get the feeling more could have been made from this. 5.5/10

Back
Top Bottom