What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Logan Lucky. Started ok with good performances all round, but didn't have enough meat to it and just dragged on. 5/10.

Brimstone. Very good, even though I expected a more conventional western. Guy Pearce played one of the best villains I've seen in a long time. 7/10.

Commissario
We watched Red Sparrow Wednesday which was very good, I'd give it an 8/10.
It was very enjoyable and kept us guessing as to quite what was going on.

We also watched Kong: Skull Island last night which was a fun action film with a lot of nods to Apocalypse now, probably a 7/10.

Soldato
Finally had some time to watch this one.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

9/10.

I'd had a rough week in work with a teenager committing suicide.

The Woody Harrelson letter to his wife really had me holding back the tears, not sure if it was the best of the worse time to have listened to that part.

Saw this last night. Agreed on the score 9/10. Wonderful and moving film that had me crying and laughing in parts!

Caporegime
Avengers Infinity War. This was my first time viewing as well.

Overall I really enjoyed it. It took me on a wild ride of emotions from wanting to cry to full on belly laugh and moments where I just couldn't help but smile from ear to ear.

How they managed to bring together all of those characters with such succession is an incredible feat. It's also mind boggling to think that this is the 19th movie in the universe. The whole universe had grown so much, it's insane.

If you like marvel, it's the best thing around. If you're not a marvel fan, I think you'll struggle to enjoy it

I tried my hardest to avoid spoilers over the last few months. So Peter Dinklage being in the movie was an awesome surprise. I knew what happened to Spiderman but not to everyone else. Spiderman's death seemed to be the one meme that I couldn't escape.

The ending shocked me. When Thanos snapped his fingers I wasn't sure at first what had happened. I thought the character of Thanos and his incredible strength was also done well. However, I haven't read comic books so I imagine there are various bits which are not entirely accurate.

Really interesting to see how they will bring everyone back. I did think time stone. But it seems a bit obvious!

Back
Top Bottom