What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Halloween (2018) - 6/10.

(Separate thread details the less than satisfactory cinema experience.)

Wasn't a bad movie but it seemed to go for body count over the suspense and build up of the original. Almost too much going on and sub-plots purely designed to set the character up to be offed, a few minutes later. Jamie Lee Curtis seemed to play her part as kind of a hybrid between Ripley from the Alien movies and Sarah Connor. More gore than the original, with the scene where a major character
gets their head squished by MM's boot
a bit too much even for me and probably why it was an 18 not a 15.

Soldato
Bohemian Rhapsody 9/10 simply amazing film if you love queen. Rami Malek was amazing as freddie.

Hunter Killer 9/10 really great action film but will admit I love most things with Gerard butler in them. Fans of cold war type films or sub films will like it and action fans will find it has a decent pace.

Associate
Bohemian Rhapsody 9/10 simply amazing film if you love queen. Rami Malek was amazing as freddie.

Hunter Killer 9/10 really great action film but will admit I love most things with Gerard butler in them. Fans of cold war type films or sub films will like it and action fans will find it has a decent pace.
My wife just asked me if wanted to go and see this when I am home, I do like a bit of Queen. Cheers for the heads up.

Associate
Is Bohemian Rapsody another case of Venom where critics dislike but general public mostly like?

Was dissapointed to see a lot of negative reviews in the press but a few have said ignore and go and watch?

Might go see on Monday when Vue has v. cheep tickets...

Soldato

Glad to hear the Queen film is decent - looking forward to seeing it :)

Last night I watched :

Joe Rogan: Strange Times - 8/10

I enjoy listening to his podcast and this was just as good as his other standup specials that I’ve seen. I understand he’s not for everyone, but he cracks me up :p The first half is definitely better than the second half though.

Wild - 6/10

After seeing a pic of some dude who crossed the PCT, and reading more about it, I was entrigued.

The film turned out to be a bit average - The acting was decent, but I found the story to be a bit “Meh”.

Associate
The Sinner......the main actress looks like a modern day Sissy Spacek/Carrie :):)
v1.dDszMjUxODM7ajsxNzg0MDsxMjAwOzIwMDA7MzAwMA

Soldato
Hereditary - 4/10

Sorry but I fall into the haters with this one. Far from being shocked or haunted by the grisly scenes, I was laughing out loud. Definitely feel the last 15 mins made no sense, who was alive, who was dead, was it the spirit world?

Agreed. I've had to look up the ending as I couldn't make any sense of it. Might re-watch the last bit for the luls

Back
Top Bottom