What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Exorcist 2 (1977) 3/10

A friend mentioned that they watched the third film and I was oblivious that sequels were released. The original Exorcist is one of my all time favourite horror films, so I thought I would investigate.

I did not bother to read any plot or reviews, only when I saw that it starred Richard Burton, it piqued my curiosity further. I wont spoil but the film, the plot is not what I expected at all, mainly focuses on origin of the entity and when it targets good folk. Would I watch again, sadly no! The original Omen trilogy is much better (I liked all three films). I will watch the third installment at some point just out of curiosity.

The 3rd one is more like a proper sequel.

Soldato
Watched 2001 A Space Odyssey and 2010 The Year we Make Contact yesterday. 2001 is visually better but 2010 made more sense.

Probably rate both 8/10 for the above reasons.

On a side note i wish they would have made the other movies. (2061 and 3001)

Permabanned
Ready player one... Had no expectations and found it enjoyable enough for what it was. Also has some of the best surround sound action scenes I have ever heard. Sounded great on my 6.0 system.

Associate
This movie is really visionary and to appreciate it 100%, YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CONCENTRATED ON THE plot and its development. The idea of transhumanism and "shedding" is in itself a tough concept to embrace and this movie is full of it, but with a twist towards the end that might put the most witty of us off track.
91XFxxhyWpL._SL1500_.jpg

Associate
Robin Hood (2018) - 2/10

A convoluted and anachronistic take on the classic story with weak jokes, poor characterization and mediocre special effects.

The modern style to the action scenes adds a new flair to the events, but like the humour, doesn’t really work in the historical setting.

The story and acting is ok, but the film goes on for too long and characters are inconsistent.

Boring more than entertaining, with few thrills or exciting scenes.

Caporegime
Robin Hood (2018) - 2/10

A convoluted and anachronistic take on the classic story with weak jokes, poor characterization and mediocre special effects.

The modern style to the action scenes adds a new flair to the events, but like the humour, doesn’t really work in the historical setting.

The story and acting is ok, but the film goes on for too long and characters are inconsistent.

Boring more than entertaining, with few thrills or exciting scenes.
The trailer put me off. Looks total ass.

Soldato
Surprising the amount of Chinese based movies Statham has made. Suppose when you look at the size of him that's the only market where people are shorter than him to make is tough guy persona look plausible.

Although is official height looks ok he always looks on the sort side when I've seen him.

Associate
The Girl in the Spider's Web (2018) - 4/10

A relatively boring spy thriller which is functional, but not much else.

The story is weak, with no mystery or intrigue to uncover and although there’s a lot more action scenes, they lack thrills.

It’s not as dark or twisted as the previous outings, and although the acting is good, the change to the characters traits make them less remarkable.

Soldato
This movie is really visionary and to appreciate it 100%, YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CONCENTRATED ON THE plot and its development. The idea of transhumanism and "shedding" is in itself a tough concept to embrace and this movie is full of it, but with a twist towards the end that might put the most witty of us off track.
91XFxxhyWpL._SL1500_.jpg

I've seen this one, quite enjoyed it. Some really good ideas in it.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Mission impossible Fall out.

Loved it,

Brilliant sound design
Excellent set pieces

Epic ! :D

Probably an odd thing to say, but as a Mission Impossible I felt it fell short - yet as an action film it was brilliant and was a really enjoyable experience. Hard to explain, I just don't get the iconic 'Mission Impossible' feel from it, kind of like how I enjoy the Fast & Furious films as fun action films but the last few have felt less 'Fast & Furiousy' - somewhat losing their individual identity but still 'working' as a film. Maybe its the inevitable when a film series gets to be so long

Back
Top Bottom