What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
3 Billboards - 8/10

Great story and acting - up and down emotionally throughout the whole story, however:

I didn't really enjoy the ending, Mildred was pushed to the extreme, but only in the cause to see justice for her daughter. I was hoping we would see the movie wrapped up and it would have been good to see her efforts were not in vain. What we got was Mildred succumbing to the dark side and going after a different potential rapist and nothing to do with her daughters rape and murder. Also, in doing so Mildred is leaving her young son potentially with a mum in jail or dead.

I didn't enjoy the end and felt Mildred's actions were out of character and i felt less sympathy for her because of this.

Watched it with the wife last night. 7/10 for me.
Not the amazing film I was expecting tbh but had its moments.

I'm with you on the spoiler comments though.

Caporegime
I enjoyed this - a good 7/10 from me (I put average as 5).

There could be some better chemistry between the main character and the others.

Will have to check out Laputa - for me the film was like steampunk mad max star wars (big over powering device with mega weapon etc)

It was okay, there are some interesting touches like the terminator guy and at first it feels like he was some side story that seems to be side tracking the main story but as it went on, he was the best thing in it. Whenever he was on screen it was the most exciting.

Soldato
Started watching Dawn of Justice last night. 40 minutes in and... damn - this **** is boring. It's going to take some willpower to get through it.

Nice to see Drazic from Heartbreak High pop up, though. Long time no see.
Yeah, so this was pretty crap. Can see why it was slated so hard.

Felt like the middle film in a trilogy. A really bad one that's just teeing up the sequel.

Associate
Bumblebee (2018) - 6/10

A good family oriented action film with strong acting and great special effects.

The story’s nothing new and quite formulaic, but has lots of charm thanks to the relationship between the leads and the 80’s setting.

It’s fun more than thrilling, as the action scenes have little consequence, but the character development was well portrayed and the comical moments were ok.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Bumblebee (2018) - 6/10

A good family oriented action film with strong acting and great special effects.

The story’s nothing new and quite formulaic, but has lots of charm thanks to the relationship between the leads and the 80’s setting.

It’s fun more than thrilling, as the action scenes have little consequence, but the character development was well portrayed and the comical moments were ok.

Advance showing?

Man of Honour
The Equalizer 2 - 7/10

First one was incredible. This was just so slow to get going and then just simmered to a finish. Good fun with decent action in places but not a patch on the first.

Skyscraper - 5/10

Typical Dwayne Johnson film. Missing a plot of any substance but good as a “switch off and watch” action film.

Soldato
It was okay, there are some interesting touches like the terminator guy and at first it feels like he was some side story that seems to be side tracking the main story but as it went on, he was the best thing in it. Whenever he was on screen it was the most exciting.

Agreed - he had a good but slightly predictable back story but had the best chemistry.

Associate
The Maze Runner: The Death Cure.

Enjoyed the original Maze Runner, the Scorched Trials sequel was decent (from vague memory, it's a while since I watched it). The Death Cure, though, I thought was mediocre. Hit just about every cliché imaginable, particularly in the final 30mins. Little nuance, woeful ending. The type of film you can watch without needing to think about it, but it really missed a trick for my taste and was too often 'action for the sake of action'.

I've been meaning to watch Valkyrie for ages, that might be next.

Caporegime
Mortal engines 7/10

Fascinating world that I would rather have had half the films back story about than running about leaping onto giant things on a green screen.

I get its aimed at young teens, but why do they all have to be so cliche and have punchable faces?

Still it's ok. Great visual concepts ruined by a barely basic predictable story.

Back
Top Bottom