What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
On a side note, I've begun to notice that we have simialr tastes with regards to pretty much all media haha!

You clearly have impeccable taste :D

In regards to your spoiler, I agree,
it's just that it's never given more than a cursory exploration into his life so the impact later in the movie isn't as powerful.

The 2nd is surprisingly good, not first movie quality but Brolin and Del Toro are such strong leads, they carry it along nicely.

Associate
Glass (2019) - 6/10

A disappointing mystery with a good cast of characters who, apart from McAvoy who is superb, don’t really seem to do much acting.

The plot is relatively slow, taking a long time to say very little, and although the ending is climactic, it is rather underwhelming.

Interesting use of cinematography and music, but it doesn’t really add anything, and a few silly moments spoil the overall experience.

Soldato
IO (2019) Netflix

Actually quite passable for a low budget sci-fi that doesn't feel cheaply made. Only so much they could with the story and ending was rather predictable but I don't quite get part of it.

So did she just start breathing without the gas mark at the end and beach scene is her with the son since she did the dirty with that bloke? Seemed like a pretty switched on scientist, surely she could figure out long time ago that she can breathe the air there?

That or it was just a dream from one of them or her hallucinating as she was dying maybe.

6/10

Associate
Just watched Split after work to be up to date before I go and see Glass tomorrow. McAvoy is superb in that one, I'm really impressed by how good he was. And the movie itself isn't bad at all either, not sure what score I would give it but a 7 or 8 out of 10 I think.

Associate
Mary, Queen of Scots (2019) - 6/10

Historical accuracy notwithstanding, I thought it was a good interpretation of the story, with plenty of turmoil, uncomfortable moments, and political intrigue.

Strong acting from the cast and detail in the historical setting, using powerful and emotive imagery to compare and contrast the 2 Queens.

It could have done with more scenery and less time in dingy interiors, and a slightly shorter running time.

Soldato
IO (2019) Netflix

Actually quite passable for a low budget sci-fi that doesn't feel cheaply made. Only so much they could with the story and ending was rather predictable but I don't quite get part of it.

So did she just start breathing without the gas mark at the end and beach scene is her with the son since she did the dirty with that bloke? Seemed like a pretty switched on scientist, surely she could figure out long time ago that she can breathe the air there?

That or it was just a dream from one of them or her hallucinating as she was dying maybe.

6/10
Also watched this last night and I was disappointed in it, the trailer made out that the journey to the launch site would be the main focus of the film with the pair bonding on the way whilst they tackled the various challenges, instead I found it super slow with no real outcome...

Yes she can breath and yes she has given birth to a child, but now what? the rest of humanity are now long gone on their journey to deep space so unless she's into incest and looking begin a new civilisation of inbreds then that's then end of them pair. :confused:

Associate
I thought MQOS was actually rather good :)

Did not feel the same.

Just really really historically inaccurate and couldn’t get past that. Felt like it was trying to portray a true story of past events but most of it was complete fiction so couldn’t get on with it.

Caporegime
Halloween 2018

Quite a lot of kills, but also lots of stupidly and a total "what the ****?" moment when
Michael Myers doctor kills the sheriff just because he wants to hear Michael speak?!

6.5/10

Soldato
Just watched all the Res Evil movies over the space of the week! I don't know why, i just got an itch to revisit - maybe it was the hype of Res Evil 2 remake. My best to worst:

1 1 - Resident Evil
2 2 - Apocalypse
3 5 - Retribution. Paper thin plot, but loved the way they had the characters returning throughout and Barry Burton!!
4 3 - Extinction.
5 4 - Afterlife
6 6 - The Final Chapter

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The very last one was the worst by a mile. It's like the director had a fit and starting switching camera angles from start to finish. I dont think the camera stayed on one focus for more than 20 secs.

Soldato
The very last one was the worst by a mile. It's like the director had a fit and starting switching camera angles from start to finish. I dont think the camera stayed on one focus for more than 20 secs.

Ha! Yup!

There were some good set pieces, the part where the tanks were leading hordes and the survivors were fending them off. It was a bit A-Team, but the fire down the centre of the building was impressive. I thought the wrap up of how Alice came to be was handled well.

Last edited:
Soldato
As a fan of the game I hate the Resident Evil movies, total ****.

A very loose tie in, but at the time of release of Res Evil 1 the zombie genre on TV/Movies was nowhere near as huge as it is now; so i welcomed the movies.

T-Virus, Nemesis, Lickers, Umbrella, ZOMBIES and ofc Mila - nom nom nom

ETA - interesting vid.

Last edited:
Soldato
We watched Split last night in anticipation of the missus going to see Glass today and I have to say I really enjoyed it - very unusual to not have a typical "good guy" in a movie and James McAvoy was great imo!

Solid 8/10 for me!

Soldato
Also watched this last night and I was disappointed in it, the trailer made out that the journey to the launch site would be the main focus of the film with the pair bonding on the way whilst they tackled the various challenges, instead I found it super slow with no real outcome...

Yes she can breath and yes she has given birth to a child, but now what? the rest of humanity are now long gone on their journey to deep space so unless she's into incest and looking begin a new civilisation of inbreds then that's then end of them pair. :confused:

Thanks for the info, was going to watch that last night, but I've seen so many films on Netflix that look ok then turned out to be utter rubbish. I've started checking on IMDB before I start watching just to make sure its not going to be waste of time. Turns out I made a good decision then :).

Caporegime
The Terminal.

I haven't seen this since lord knows when but my god is it still a good movie :D - I had completely forgot that Catherine Zeta Jones was in it as well so that was a nice bonus.

I laughed, I cried. As I haven't seen it since the cinema when I was a kid I had pretty much forgotten all the small funny bits in it. Tom Hanks is just utterly brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom