What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Gangster Number 1: Malcolm McDowell relives his rise to London gangster power as Paul Bettany in a long sixties flashback. Stylised, violent, well acted by all concerned as his psychopathic rise to power and ultimate empty success is charted to the modern day. McDowell and Bettany are both great on screen. It is incredibly sweary, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that uses the C-word as much as this film does.

Associate
Gangster Number 1: Malcolm McDowell relives his rise to London gangster power as Paul Bettany in a long sixties flashback. Stylised, violent, well acted by all concerned as his psychopathic rise to power and ultimate empty success is charted to the modern day. McDowell and Bettany are both great on screen. It is incredibly sweary, and I don't think I've ever seen anything that uses the C-word as much as this film does.

Great film.

Soldato
Trainspotting 2

Makes you feel old and sad
Makes you feel young and positive

Good work Mr D Boyle 8/10

I'll simply repost what I put in the T2 thread after I watched this on release, it's still as relevant now as it was a year and half ago...

Pretty much a perfect sequel, not to say it's a perfect movie but it worked on every level and felt natural.

Felt a little emotional at the end, taps into the mindset of a lot of us late 30/early 40 somethings who are just along for the ride in life without a lot of direction.

Soldato
Lion - 7.5 / 10

Good film and pretty emotional at the end. I thought the second half wasn't as good as the first and preferred the young actor playing Saroo (he was brilliant) than I did Dev Patel playing the adult version.

Caporegime
Mortal engines 7/10

Fascinating world that I would rather have had half the films back story about than running about leaping onto giant things on a green screen.

I get its aimed at young teens, but why do they all have to be so cliche and have punchable faces?

Still it's ok. Great visual concepts ruined by a barely basic predictable story.
watched it the other day, thought the characters actions were a bit stupid, action scenes cutting to a different camera every 1-2seconds got annoying as hell

6/10 decent watch but just an average movie that's only worth watching if you have nothing better to do

character motives make almost no sense

Associate
The Beast (beast of war)
Late 1980's film set in Afghanistan about a single lost Russian T62 tank against a hunting pack of Mujahadeen.
Re-watched it after enjoying it many years ago
It stands the test of time really well.
A good watch for those that enjoy war films.
8/10

Back
Top Bottom