1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Richeh, Sep 2, 2009.

1. MoDe

Hitman

Do any of you chaps maintain a watchlist? I have one on google notes but was wondering if anyone else did the same thing but used any sites/apps to do it properly.

I was considering using JustWatch, as its handy for seeing which platform movies are available on.

2. Flinkman

Associate

I started using LetterBoxd this year to track my reviews and movies watched. I quite like it.

3. NoobCannon

Mobster

Watched aquaman.

Terribad film, the epitome of cliche super hero movies and completly un funny. Even has power rangers stlye villians.... simply terrible.

Joins “black panther” in the overhyped waste of time category

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. nands

Mobster

I use just watch for films I find on there but my main watch list is imdb.

5. cheesyboy

Capodecina

I notice Starship troopers is on ITV4 tonight. I just yesterday discovered that my TV can record to memory stick, so I might set it up to catch that and watch over the weekend. Not seen it for about 20 years!

6. NoobCannon

Mobster

Watching films on tv is sacrilege, they cut out some of the film and then riddle it with adverts.

7. Infidelus

Wise Guy

Especially if the channel in question is ITV. They completely ruin Back to the Future every time they show it.

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious ****"

They used to just change **** to stuff, but now that whole scene is gone. Yeah, it's not important ITV, it only sets up the whole time travel thing, but don't you worry about it .....

P****s

8. Gerard

Caporegime

Bird Box

What a load of ****.

9. FlyingScotsman

Hitman

:) :)
    Total

10. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Polar on Netflix, tried a bit too hard with the ultra violence 6/10

11. sbweightman

Hitman

Escape Room (2019) - 7/10
    (Unlimited Screening)

An extreme version of the popular group event, which although lacking originality and has a weak ending, is entertaining to watch throughout.

The story is simple and unoriginal, but the setting starts off strong with some great puzzle rooms and tension.

However, as the film becomes formulaic, it loses this edge and has to rely on the settings and passable special effects to keep momentum.

The characters are good and well rounded, each with their distinct personalities and back stories, but the mystery behind the game is very disappointing, and the ending is poor and goes on for far too long.

12. sbweightman

Hitman

The Mule (2019) - 7/10

A film that, much like its main character, plods along at its own pace, and that’s perfectly fine.

It’s an enjoyable but predictable story that, apart from the obvious, lacks the spark of something special – there’s never any sense of danger, and the FBI and cartel scenes are done by the numbers.

Eastwood is very good in the lead as the doddering old man, both charming and bitter as he is stuck in his ways, and brings real depth to the character.

13. FlyingScotsman

Hitman

Got that for tonight.

Watched Widows 2018 last night, really enjoyed it, decent with a couple of nice twists. 8/10

14. LizardKing

Sgarrista

https://trakt.tv/ mainly as there's a plugin for Mediaportal that makes it pretty much autonomous

15. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Bumblebee

Much better than expected, perhaps my expectations were low but this had me smiling and felt for the characters. Some of the scenes in cybertron felt like they were straight out of the cartoon which was great.

16. Subzero85

Hitman

Bohemian rhapsody, really enjoyed it, might check out aquaman later

17. Rodneypooleg

Wise Guy

IMDb

18. Converge

Mobster

Mute - 3/10.

Can this really be by the same guy who directed Moon and Source Code? (Yes, Warcraft, but that was always destined to be a bit naff)
    Honestly, the whole tone and way it presented itself was terrible. It's like he threw away all that he did before and this was his first film.

Brawl In Cell Block 99 - 6/10.

What was the explanation for him effectively being impervious to punishment and being able to kick the crap out of anyone? I didn't ever see one?
    Not a patch on Bone Tomahawk, but he was trying for the same wince inducing moments at least. Strange film.

19. IvanDobskey

Soldato

Escape room 6/10
    A low rent version of saw. Unlikeable characters but keeps you interested. Ending a let down.

Bohemian Rhapsody 8/10
    Despite not being a huge queen fan, I thoroughly enjoyed this.

20. Vargas

Mobster

Marathon Man (1976) 8/10

Great cast, missed this one. Dustin Hoffman in this suspense-thriller.

Is it safe? Is it safe?