What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
K-9

Cop/dog buddy movie with the other Belushi. I remember watching this as a teen and enjoying it. It's ok, but it's striking how 'small' the movie is: and so little happens. Had a similar feeling watching Crocodile Dundee. Must be an 80s movie thing.

Associate
Ant Man and The Wasp - 6/10

For me, one of Marvel's weaker films but still a fun film nonetheless. Wasp is great in it and Rudd is always fun to watch. Probably one of the weaker villains in the franchise. I also want to see an X-Con show haha!

Associate
K-9

Cop/dog buddy movie with the other Belushi. I remember watching this as a teen and enjoying it. It's ok, but it's striking how 'small' the movie is: and so little happens. Had a similar feeling watching Crocodile Dundee. Must be an 80s movie thing.

I watched this constantly as a kid, I had it on VHS. Loved it.

Soldato
Alita: Battle Angel - I thoroughly enjoyed this. I really liked the whole concept, thought Alita was really cool. The action was really good and entertaining, and the CGI was incredible. Points knocked off for the love story which was too drawn out IMO and the sudden ending. 7/10

Split - Holy Moly. James McAvoy was amazing in this. He played all the roles superbly, being able to switch between them like he did was brilliant. Loved this film and looking forward (despite what's being said) to seeing it all tied up in Glass. 9/10.

Caporegime
Split - Holy Moly. James McAvoy was amazing in this. He played all the roles superbly, being able to switch between them like he did was brilliant. Loved this film and looking forward (despite what's being said) to seeing it all tied up in Glass. 9/10.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much....

Soldato
Bohemian Rhapsody - 8/10. Rami Malek really was superb in this.

However, the rest of the band were instantly forgettable (although the guy who played Brian May bore a good resemblance!) There also wasn't much on how the songs came to be. Someone played a few chords, or sung a few lines and then BAM we are at a concert playing the final song - but i suppose it would have ended up a 10 part documentary as oppose to a 2hr movie.

Soldato
Cam - Alice, an ambitious camgirl, wakes up one day to discover she's been replaced on her show with an exact replica of herself.

Wasn't expecting a lot, it's a Netflix special after all ;) but really ended up enjoying it. As described above, a camgirl gets to a certain point of fame and then suddenly, she's replaced, can't log into her account or anything but her live shows are still going on and it's her on the shows, except she's not doing it.

Well crafted, decent suspense, mostly satisfactory ending - 7/10

Oh and boobs, lots of boobs.

Soldato
What we do in the Shadows - pure brilliance from Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement. Mockumentary about some ancient vampires living in modern day New Zealand, would recommend to anyone. 5/5

Soldato
Johnny English Strikes Again - 7/10.

Not as bad as the critics might have you believe, even if Atkinson came across more like Bean this time round. Ben Miller very good as the straight guy sidekick but Emma Thompson steals the show with her thinly disguised lampoon of Teresa May.

Back
Top Bottom