What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Cold Pursuit (2019) - 5/10

I’m not sure if I enjoyed it or not. It’s got some humorous and quirky moments, but it’s not as funny or quirky as it should have been.

The setting is atmospheric and the characters are ok, but it just doesn’t come together well – the gratuitous violence feels unnecessary, and the story’s not that engrossing.

It also has a rather minimalist approach to storytelling and dialogue, which made it a bit boring at times.

Caporegime
Alita: Battle Angel

Some of the best CGI I've seen to date. I had been looking forward to this for a while. I didn't know more other than the multiple trailers. I really enjoyed it! I thought the pacing was very good and the action scenes were fantastic.

Caporegime
Filth. I've had it on my PVR for what seems like years as the girlfriend wasn't interested in watching it (even taking into account her love for James McAvoy). She was out last night so I thought I'd give it a whirl as I ended up reading good things about it. GEt home to find it's been deleted, ugh. Thoroughly hyped for watching it so I rented it from Amazon :o

It's actually pretty good fun. Very dark, pretty mad. Had you not read the book you'd find it a bit "out there" but as I knew the book, I knew what to expect. As another commentator said online, JM should have won some awards for his performance.

Filth is excellent, highly recommended.

Caporegime
Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse

10/10

An amazing film, fully lives up to the hype around, it’s fantastic, the soundtrack is amazing as well.

Deserves to win the Oscar for best animated film, nothing else comes close.

Associate
The Kid Who Would Be King (2019) - 6/10

A great film for a pre-teenage boy with an active imagination, but passable entertainment for everyone else.

The classic King Arthur story has a modern take with a good number of comical and clever moments, but also a few moments that will make you cringe and overall, it does go on for too long.

The acting quality varies significantly between the small cast of characters, but the special effects are good and the morals it promotes are sensible.

Caporegime
Spiderman into the Verse 9-9.5/10. In general it's just excellent, it got just about everything right. Story was good, animation was great, soundtrack was great.... Spider-pig felt a bit out of place but just about worked.

Watched the new Robin Hood a week ago or something, 1.5/10.... being generous. Terrible acting, terrible dialogue, terrible action, terrible cast.... it's just straight up terrible. What a truly pathetic attempt to be modern and 'woke'. I can't think of any choices they made that could have made it worse.

Soldato
The Nun...it'so ok, better than the woeful Annabelle spin offs but nothing amazing...a generous 6/10.

Found it really distracting as the girl playing the lead is the younger real life sister of the woman in The Conjuring movies, so a very similar appearance. It never implicitly says they are related though.

Soldato
Watched the new Robin Hood a week ago or something, 1.5/10.... being generous. Terrible acting, terrible dialogue, terrible action, terrible cast.... it's just straight up terrible. What a truly pathetic attempt to be modern and 'woke'. I can't think of any choices they made that could have made it worse.
This fits my expectations just from watching the trailer. It looked awful

Soldato
Ralph Breaks the Internet - 8/10. Loved this film. High score mainly due to the fact that my wife learnt more about how the internet works watching this than my years of trying to explain it to her :)

Caporegime
The Babadook - 3/10

A frustrating waste of time, with two of the most annoying, irritating, unlikable characters ever.

I'm not even sure what the point of any of it was.

Garbage.

Soldato
The Babadook - 3/10

A frustrating waste of time, with two of the most annoying, irritating, unlikable characters ever.

I'm not even sure what the point of any of it was.

Garbage.

As an analogy for mental illness and the projection from adults onto children it's quite good...as a horror film, it's garbage. I really disliked it though as I was watching it as the latter.

Back
Top Bottom