What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
The Babadook - 3/10

A frustrating waste of time, with two of the most annoying, irritating, unlikable characters ever.

I'm not even sure what the point of any of it was.

Garbage.
I watched this yesterday also. In terms of horror, it was....ookaaay? Certainly not the worst I've seen. But as 626 says, looking at it as a perspective of dealing with mental illness it adds more to it. Won't be rewatching though.

Soldato
Oceans 8, 6/10 enjoyable film, nicely made but not stretching the genre or the cast anything like enough. The director/scriptwriter played it very safe and even the story didn't have an element of risk for the characters or conflict. Ok Friday night filler glad I didn't go to the cinema for it.

Associate
Robbery (1967).

Just been re-issued on Blu-Ray and looks really good.

Enjoyed it a lot. Great car chase sequence (director Peter Yates went on to direct Bullitt) and a great cast. A really good old-school British drama. I think this must have been a big influence on The Sweeney.

8.5/10

Associate
Super - never knew about this but stumbled across it on Prime - watched the trailer and added to the watch list.

7.5/10 - funny, disturbing, touching with some great characters and an interesting message.

Associate
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) - 9/10

Another great and fun movie from the LEGO franchise which left me with a big smile on my face.

It has a great story with a good moral and is always a visual treat, full of fast paced action, bright colours, catchy tunes, and loads of little details that surprise and delight.

It could have done with less songs and more humour for the adults (it’s fun rather than funny most of the time), but it stays enjoyable throughout.

Soldato
Men in Black II

Watched it with my son, after having watched MIB. Hadn't seen it since it was in the cinema, and I remember it being terrible, with worse special effects than the original.

It remains bad.

Will try MIB III next, have never seen that before.

Soldato
"Howl" on Amazon Prime. A train load of generic characters are picked off by monsters after the train breaks down. More a series of set pieces than a true storyline. I ended up working and half watching. Decent effects though. 4/10.

Soldato
Commando on tonight on Film 4 - undoubtedly a classic but watch it back and you realise just how ludicrous some of the scenes were!

The mansion assault towards the end - not a single bullet even grazes Arnie! :D

And how good must Bennett have been with an Uzi to shoot someone between the balls! :p

Soldato
Out of the Furnace.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206543/

It took me quite a while into the film to realise that I've seen it before, though I couldn't recall all that much. Solid film, Christian Bale is a very good/credible actor. One of my favourite stars of the screen.

I personally find Bale much better in the lesser known movie roles, yeah he was a great Batman and all but he really shines in movies like this.

Have you seen The Big Short, he was excellent there.

Caporegime
I personally find Bale much better in the lesser known movie roles, yeah he was a great Batman and all but he really shines in movies like this.

Have you seen The Big Short, he was excellent there.

Yes, I also like him in the lesser known roles as well; I liked him in The Machinist. Yup, I have seen The Big Short, good film. :)

Back
Top Bottom